April 28, 2014

One of the toughest decisions we had to make was music. What was I going to walk down the aisle to? What song will we be dancing our first dance to? What would I dance to with my dad? Ryan with his mom? It’s a lot to think about and we still haven’t decided yet… oops.

But anyways, this year for my birthday we were in Spain! Even though it was a skating trip, it was still nice to get out and go somewhere with Ryan before our wedding next month. 

Spain is so beautiful. We went to the Burgos Cathedral which has just incredible architecture. The detail is insane and the stain glass windows are magical. Madrid was incredible and just every part of it. And it was so awesome to add Spain to the list of places I’ve skated in. And the guys were really awesome on my birthday. They took me to Rio Piedra and then we went to dinner and went for a night swim. 

When we got back home, I was sitting in the living room reading when Ryan walked in all business and sat down next to me taking the book from my hands and closing it. I turned to him, “Excuse you, I was reading that.”

“Sorry,” he shrugged. “I want you to teach me to dance.”

I tilted my head at him, “what? Why?”

“Well,” he began, “you’re such an incredible dancer and I don’t want to look like an idiot when we dance in front of everyone.” 

I sat up, “okay. Did you have a specific style in mind?”

He shrugged, “the usual Ballroom type dancing?”

I laughed, “Sure.”

So we’ve been working on that and wow, we’re almost there…

Love always!