Up to You: Sirina x Fred

Sirina and Fred
Just a general one... I'll do the specific ones later
We'll do Fred POV for this one I think...

Sirina flops across my lap out in the lawn, I was trying to find some way to make a new kidsafe candy... per Sirina's request, of course. Nothing scary.

"Whatcha working on?" She shifts off of me so her head is resting on my thigh, she takes my notebook and scans the page, "oh candy! Yay! Can I help?"

"Well, of course!" I laugh, "I have no idea what the candy should even do." It's true, I was hopelessly lost.

She makes a face and begins flipping through my notes, she was so focused. I couldn't help but watch her green eyes dart back and forth across the page... or notice the way her lips twitched slightly when she was trying to decipher my sloppy handwriting.

"What?" I suddenly notice she's looking up at me, "is there something on my face?"

"Nope. Just watching you read," I smile innocently, "find anything interesting?"

"I'm not done yet," she answers, then goes back to reading.

I'd never say it outloud, but Sirina is seriously amazing. Okay, I would and have said that out loud. But it's really more than that. Everything she does just amazes me. She could flip over and fall off of a broomstick and I'd probably be amazed.

She's so brave, all the time... no matter what. With everything she's done and been through I'm surprised she's still sane at all. I'd be a mess.

Not to mention that as soon as those green eyes hit yours you can tell that she's looking at you with so much compassion. She genuinely cares about everyone, and that's... well... amazing.

"So... what if you make a candy that just makes your teeth super white? Or makes your whole body shimmery?" She says, looking up at me again, "it would get double sales because those are adult goals as well as a child novelty."

"I can make that happen," I nod, taking the notebook back and jotting down her ideas. She sits up and watches me write. I almost always take Sirina's ideas seriously and turn them into reality, mostly for her rather than the company.

"The white one should taste like peppermint or spearmint, and the shimmery one definitely chocolate." She notes, pointing to the place I wrote Flavor?

"Great idea, Rina!" I jot down her new ideas, then glance to see her smiling proudly. "We'll make Georgie test them when we get them made."

"Oh, I'm helping?" She widens her eyes, "that'll be so fun!" She tosses her arms around me and we hug for a minute while she giggles excitedly. "Let's get started right now!"

"Right now?" I chuckle, "really?" She nods persistently, "okay... let's go to the store, then." I hold my arms open, she hugs me and we apparate back to Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes.  Since we were sitting when I apparated, we landed with a thud on the front steps.

I let us in and we both hurry upstairs to the workshop. We mix things and test things in water until we're just about at where we need to be with the formulas.

"And to make it sparkle I'm just going to add some of this," I say, "Rin does that seem right?"

"Hm?" She glances up at me but before she can answer I decide it should be find and pour in some of the sparkly fluid. "Fred No!" She squeaks and instantly I'm blown backwards.

"Freddie!" She runs toward where I'm laying on the ground, "oh my gosh, Fred are you okay?"

"Peachy keen, Tiny Ginger," I manage a smile up at her, trying to hide all of the pain I'm in.

"You scared me, Freckle Face!" She squeaks, her voice high-pitched and cracking.

"Hey... I'm okay..." I force myself to sit up, and cup her cheek in my hand, "are you crying?"

She nods sadly, "you scared me..."

"I'm okay... I promise."

She stares at me, looking from eye to eye as if checking into my soul to see if I'm really okay.

I stare back at her. Thinking of all the times I've seen her. How it felt as though everything was destined to change that day I first saw her locked up in that room at Sirius's. The conversations I'd had with George, all the times he's told me to just tell her. The way I saw her look at Charlie all those times, even if they are just friends. The joy I took to being her body guard against Malfoy.

The pain. The pain I felt visiting her in the hospital all those times, when she could barely speak full sentences... and when she did we'd have to stop her because she didn't know where she was or what to say.

The pure joy and weight lifted off of my chest when I came home from work and she ran to the door to greet us.

We stared at eachother. I'd let her stare at me for weeks if it helped her feel better about my accident. In what seemed like a split second decision she kissed me quickly on the lips.

I opened my eyes to see her staring back at me, frightened of her own decision. "More?" I smirk.

She smiles and kisses me again. This time I was ready and kissed her back. We kissed for what seemed like hours, but was likely only a few seconds.

"Hey, Sirina?" I break away and look into her eyes. She stares back and raises her eyebrows. "While I'm feeling confident, and possibly concussed... would you maybe... wanna... be my girlfriend?" I smile nervously at her.

She nods, and laughs her melodious laugh, "of course, Freckle face." She plants her lips on mine again, and it feels like everything is finally as it should be.