one

••••

••••

"fuck!" yelled seokmin, he had just stubbed his toe.

"do you see the time?!" mingyu yelled from his room.

"this wouldn't have happened if the lights were off!" seokmin shouted.

"i didn't know the lights were suppose to be left on at 1 am? do you pay the light bill? i don't think so," mingyu said as he walked out his room with a fake smiled plastered on his face.

seokmim took a deep breath and shot him a death glare.

"i pay rent and take out the garbage so shut it," seokmin said and walked towards his room, mimgyu following him.

"so the landlord called me today..." mingyu said, his facial expression softened as he stared at his best friend.

"yeah and?" seokmin asked, changing into more comfortable.

"you didn't tell me you were moving," mingyu said and seokmin froze.

"i was going to talk to you about that tomorrow morning, but it seems the landlord beat me to it," seokmin said. he turned fo face mingyu who was frowning, but looked quite confused.

"why are moving?" he asked, and seokmin sighed.

how can one avoid this conversation? it's 1 am and seokmin was super tired, he honestly didn't want to talk right now. he sighed and smiled sweetly at mingyu,"i think this would be a good chance to move closer to home," seokmin said.

"i thought you didn't want to go back home?" mingyu sighed and seokmin just looked at his hands.

"alright never mind, what about your room?" mingyu frowned.

"i'm sure you can find someone to fill in this room. alrighty, off you go. i'm beat and i drank a little too much i might barf on you if i keep talking," seokmin shooed mingyu away. all mingyu could do was frown at his best friend; he didn't feel like leaving. but he walked out and speeded to his room to call another of their closest friend.

"hello?"

mingyu sighed in relief after hearing the voice.

"soonyoung?"

"yeah? what's wrong? are you okay? did something happen?"

he plopped onto his bed and groaned, he wants to get an understanding of seokmin's random moving decision. "long story short, seokmin's bitch ass is moving."

"what?" soonyoung said, his voice laced with confusion.

"yep, that was my same reaction,"

"why? did guys fight?" soonyoung sounded more awake now.

"nope but he said he wants to be closer to home? which i don't understand because he always wanted to pursue his career here," mingyu said and soonyoung agreed.

"hoshi? babe who are you talking to?" mingyu heard groggily jihoon say in the background.

"it's mingyu, go back to sleep i'm sorry for being loud," soonyoung spoke softly. mingyu smiled at the couples conversation; he hopes he can experience that someday.

"hey i'm sorry for waking you guys up. i'll call you in the morning, sweet dreams," mingyu said quickly before hanging up, not giving soonyoung a moment to speak. he tossed his phone to the side and crawled under his sheets, tomorrow's going to be a long day.