Chapter 10

The sun rose again, and I got out of bed showered and went down stairs for breakfast. This shocked everyone when I wanted to eat. Hillary, Charles, and Kyle were all pleased to see me. I glanced over a Kyle for a moment before eating my food. When I was finished with my breakfast I excused myself from the table and went to call Shelly.

We went shopping all day and then Kyle and I returned home. Kyle said that he had a lot of work to do, but he was glad that I wanted to go do something. He said he was glad that I didn't choose to spend another day in my room alone. After all it was his job to protect me not to keep me a prisoner just because he had work to do.

Once we returned home and Kyle had retired to the den where he started working, I wandered the hallways waiting and watching the grandfather clock that stood tall in the hall, with each passing click as the minute hand slowly moved, so did my excitement about our secret rendezvous. I couldn't wait for everyone to go to sleep, so I could be with Kyle again. Soon the clock read ten. I went to bed and waited until I heard my door open. I quickly closed my eyes, pretending I was asleep and waited for my freedom from Charles stares, waited for him to exit my room, so I could sneak up to the attic to meet my lover.

It seemed like an eternity before he finally exited the bedroom, shutting the door behind him. I waited until I heard his footsteps move further and further away, before I sat up in the bed and quickly but quietly went to my door. Again, I waited and listened, waiting to hear Charles bedroom door close. Finally, I heard it slam shut. I slowly opened my door and slipped out. I tiptoed down the hallway and found myself standing in front of the attic door. I knew that once I climbed the stairs to the attic that there was no turning back. If we got caught we would both suffer a great deal, at least that's what everyone keeps telling me, but it doesn't matter what happens to me, I want to be with the man I love.

I open the door and climb the stairs that lead to the attic. After climbing up the first few stairs, I looked up and saw Kyle smiling down at me. I couldn't help it I ran up the rest of the stairs right into his arms.

"I thought today would never end," I said while kissing him on his neck and face."

"Me neither," He gently laid me down on an old mattress that lay hidden in the attic.

"I missed you," I pulled his shirt over his head.

"Me too," He said then carefully removed my nightgown.

We made love in the attic, then laid in each other's arms for hours, until Kyle rolled over and kissed me once more before saying, "It's getting late, the sun will be coming up soon, we had better get back downstairs."

"But I don't want to go. I want to stay wrapped in your arms forever." I admit, and then kissed him again.

"If we don't go we'll get caught up here and we won't see each other again." Kyle tried to reason with me, and then tried to stand up, but I pulled him down again and kissed him, this time letting my lips linger on his after the kiss ended. Kyle looked into my eyes, "I love you and I don't want to see you in anymore pain, this is why we have to go now." He stood up and started getting dressed.

I lay there for a few minutes watching him pull his pants on. He zipped his pants then turned around and looked down at me, "Are you going to get dressed?"

I stood up and wrapped my arms around him. "I wish tonight would never end." I already missed him, and he hadn't even left me yet. I kissed him again. This time when the kiss ended I reluctantly put back on my nightgown and followed him down the stairs. When we reached the bottom of the stairs Kyle turned toward me, "You go first."

I looked up at him with a sad look, "I wish we didn't have to leave each other."

"Me too, but It has to be this way, at least for right now." He said then wrapped me in his arms once more before telling me goodbye for now. I looked up at him one last time memorizing this moment, the way he looked, his eyes, the way he made me feel, because this will have to keep me satisfied until we meet again. I step out of his arms and run down the hallway, again slipping through the shadows, praying I wouldn't get caught.

Kyle watched her through the slightly ajar door, until she was safely behind her bedroom door. He waited for a few minutes and then slipped out of the attic and walked down the hallway. He didn't care if anyone saw him, after all it was his house and he could wander the hallways if he pleased.

Kyle and I met in the attic every night. We made love and talked about our dreams, each wishing we could be more open with our affair and both secretly fearing what would happen to us in the end.