wandering child.

❝things my heart used to know,
things it yearns to remember.❞

( once upon a december,
                    anastasia the musical )

            Miraz coveted the crown that laid atop his older brother's head

            Miraz coveted the crown that laid atop his older brother's head. He wanted the throne and the power that came with it, to rule over all Telmarines until the day he died. But even if his brother were to, say, die suddenly, he still left behind a young son who would become king in his place. Caspian X stood in the way of the throne, and when the prince was eleven, he carried out an execution of the king's family and any of their allies within the castle who didn't pledge their loyalty to Miraz instead. The King was dead. The Queen was dead. The Prince was dead. At least, he should be.

            Ten years later, while Miraz sits on the throne with an heir of his own on the way, rumors persist throughout Telmar that Caspian the Tenth survived the infamous massacre. The flames of rumor lit by the Kings and Queens of Narnia, once allies of the ninth, calling for any information on the possible whereabouts of the living prince or on the location of their bodies to give them a proper burial, had they all died together, inspire two con-women to concoct a plan to get the rewards the Kings and Queens promised, whether it be money or jewels, or one of them (whose husband waited for her in Narnia after being brandished a traitor by Miraz) was even content with a single Narnian apple and asylum in their beautiful country. So, they begin their search for a boy who could reasonably be the lost prince. In walks a boy with no memories who calls himself Cas, looking for shelter from the storm and passage out of Telmar's dark crutches to Narnia, a place he remembers someone once telling him to go.

 In walks a boy with no memories who calls himself Cas, looking for shelter from the storm and passage out of Telmar's dark crutches to Narnia, a place he remembers someone once telling him to go

BEN BARNES as PRINCE CASPIAN X / CAS
SAMANTHA BARKS as VIOLET
CAITRIONA BALFE as SYLVIE
LIN-MANUEL MIRANDA as RAOUL

( this is the third time i've used samantha barks as an fc for a caspian fic and this one is sticking around this time. so, long story short: watched anastasia for the first time, listened to the obc recording bc i'm seeing the national tour next year, fell in love, and then this existed. basically: caspian is anastasia, violet is dmitry, and sylvie is vlad. this is an alternate universe, where the pevensies are on their thrones at the same time that miraz is ruling telmar, meaning they never/haven't left. i do not own the chronicles of narnia. this can also be found on my quotev account at /queenlucythevaliant. )