Timeless fashion: The Coat with a Bite

Standing in front of the mirror I still can't believe it. All I wanted is to look my best and now? 

The deep red stains cover the so well preserved original coat I was looking out for so long. Not to talk about the shirt underneath. Why did I attack that poor girl? I took her with me as my mind started to clear again and the deed got obvious. I can only hope that there was no one seeing me.

Coming closer to the mirror I take a look at my teeth. Do the canine's edges look a little sharper? Why is everything so loud and bright? I didn't drink that much to justify that headache. Maybe it happened when I fell down that wall. At least I was able to help that poor girl. She'll be better soon. 

I shake my head and sigh. Maybe a shower and some sleep will make it all better again. I unbutton the coat and the vest underneath to smoothly let it slip down my arms before hanging it onto the wardrobe next to the mirror. The bloodstains perfectly matched the scenery of Hallow's Eve but I will need to take it to a real good cleaning agent. I sigh once again as I take off the shirt as well. 

I glance at the mirror before I want to head to the shower and have to step back. I gauge at what I see. There are little bite marks all over my chest. I look like I have an allergic reaction! Guess the perfect costume had a downside. Bugs. 

I've never been known as the pathetic type of person, but I feel actually disgusted by the piece of cloth hanging there. That they didn't clean it properly does not speak of their usual reputation. At the bed behind me the girl I took home starts to move. She is dressed like a witch and the wound I caused makes her look like a cross cosplay of The Vampire's Diaries

She moans and from all that alcohol she must have had I guess that her headache is equally prominent as mine. Walking over to her I sit by the bedside. "Hey..." I hush.

She blinks at me before she whispers. "Oh no, not again..."

"That happened to you before?" I arch a brow and she looks equally puzzled.

"Look, I'm sorry if I was your first one night stand, but I'm not interested in any long-term..."

I laugh out loud. That's what she thinks happened? "No worries, honey. How do you feel?"

"Hangover." I nod before getting up and take a look at the time on the display of my phone. When I face her again her eyes are wide and I can see the disgust. I'm maybe not a bodybuilder but she doesn't need to look like that at me.

"What?"

"Erm... that's not a tattoo, is it?", she points at my neck. I intuitively move my hand up and take a look.

Nope. That's a tick. A damn bloodsucking tick.