2

(Harry's POV)

I awoke to find all but Hermione asleep. She was reading a book sitting crisscross on the ground. While Malfoy, had dozed off while reading a book about potions, propped up against the wall. I glanced at Ron to see him laying across the seats snoring lightly. I diverted my attention back to Hermione, as she delicately turned the page she'd been reading.
"Mione, what are you doing on the floor?" I questioned sleepily.
"Hm? Oh, I moved to the floor when Ron fell asleep, it's hard to read with people sleeping on you," She politely replied, brushing a stray curl of her brown hair out of her eyes.
"Why don't you come over here, sit with me?" I responded.
Hermione just pointed to the opposite end of the compartment. Directly at Malfoy.
"Oh, I had forgotten he was here,"I murmured, "Well if he bothers you that much I suppose I could sit by him and you by the window,"
Mione rolled her eyes as she stood up, shaking her head with a smile and muttering to herself at the sight of my cringing.
I scooted over to allow her to take my seat, leaving me next to Malfoy.
"What're you reading, Mione?" I whispered, peering at the book.
"A book on creature inheritances again. This ones called 'Rare Creature Inherits,'" she whispered enthusiastically.
"Sounds great," I responded, a lot less enthusiastic.

(TIME SKIP 2 AND 1/2 MONTHS LATER)

I'm both quite lucky and unfortunate at the same time. I'm lucky because I haven't gotten my creature inheritance while at the Dursley's. Yet still unfortunate because I'm at the Dursley's, and I might not have an inheritance.
Either way I've still been beaten pretty bloody bad this summer. I hate it here, I can't wait until I get to go back to Ron's for the last week or so of the summer. I ought to head to bed now though.

(Dreams are in italics)

"Harry? Harry?" A voice called out.
I'm back in Hogwarts, wandering the halls. Although there's someone calling my name and I'm not sure who.
"Hello?" I called out.
"Harry? Harry, where are you?!? I can't find you!"
"Over here, by professor Lupin's!(We're pretending Lupin came back Harry's 6th year)"
"There you are!" As soon as whoever said that a bright ball of light turned the corner. Only the silhouette of a man barely visible. I covered my eyes, it was to bright to see. The light burned my skin, my legs felt as though they were on fire, I crumbled to the floor.

(Dream ends)

"HARRY POTTER!!" A voice screamed as I heard heavy footsteps pounding down the hallway.
"BOY!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THERE!?!?!" He bellowed again, this time I realized it was Vernon, a tear rolled down my cheek.
It was at this point I started screaming bloody freakin murder at what was probably 4 in the morning.
My hips and legs felt as though they were burning, and being crushed at the same time. The pain was unlike anything I'd ever felt before, it bloody hurts so much! I screamed and writhed on my bed until my lungs started burning. My aunt Petunia had come in at some point but it hurt so bloody much I'd payed her no mind! Uncle Vernon burst in after her and began beating me, tell me to shut up and stop. Tears streamed down my face, only making the pain worse until finally, I passed out from the pain.
And it looked like my creature inheritance had finally come.

(Draco's POV)

(Dream is in italics)

I was walking the halls of Hogwarts. It looked the same, although it felt so different. I couldn't quite put my finger on it though. I kept walking down the halls.
"Draco?" A voice called out, "Draco?"
"Hello?" I called in response.
"Draco, I-I can't find you! Where are you?!?"
"Over by Professor Snape's class!" I responded.
"I'm nearly there!" The voice called.
"Say, who are you?" I questioned.
As a blindingly bright light rounded the corner, causing me to cover my eyes, as I heard it. Pain shot through me.
"I'm your mate Draco,"

(Dream end)

I gasped, arching my back and flipping onto my stomach. Pain shot through me, a scream escaped from my lips. My upper back felt as though something was tearing and clawing at my back. I screamed again, it most've been 4 in the morning.
A second blood curdling screech escaped me. Tears began rolling down my face, as I gripped the sheets on my bed. More screams escaped me still. My mother came hurdling into the room as I screamed once more. Gripping the sheets so tight my knuckles turned white and my sheets ripped.
"Creature inheritance!?!" I heard her shout.
"MOTHER!!!" I screeched between bloody murder screams and gasping for breath.
I heard mother cooing to me, sitting in the floor, rubbing my hand, as a tear rolled down her face. But even that di not help for I have never felt such pain in my life that I would never wish this upon any man. Beads of sweat ran down my face until finally a veil of black descended, numbing the pain. I finally passed out from the pain.
Guess my inheritance came before school after all.