What just started?

At the ripe age of 12 I was considered a woman by some, simply because my body was pissed I wasn't pregnant so it destroyed it's self from the waste down.. What most people think is blood is actually the walls and the carpets and pillows of your inhabited baby room. While American society today views being pregnant at 12 is incredibly wrong our body punishes us for not getting knocked up at such a ripe age. Not once a year, not twice a year. No! We experience this flowing joy 12 , sometimes more, beautiful times a year. The "blood", pain, tears, fights, nausea, acne, all of it.

         It all starts that dreadful day. I remember calling for my mom because I was shocked. Of course we had talked about it, I knew it would happen some day. I just wasn't ready. I felt as if I lost a part of my youth, part of my inner little kid if you will.

       The pad was large, lumpy and super uncomfortable. I felt like every time I stood up people noticed it, well that or the huge, red zit between my eyes. You have your girl friends look at you ass so they can check to make sure you can't see the pad.

      Then there is the day no one wants to have. The day you have to read a paper from the box or drag your mom into the bathroom to have her show you with her hands what to do. The day you might actually cry from the pain and whole awkward experience. You just wanted to go swimming with your friends but unfortunately for you it was the most hated week of the month. So you read the folded paper, you talk to your mom, give yourself that pep talk and walk into the bathroom. You sit down and stare at the cotton devil in your hand. Plastic, cardboard, or no applicator at all, it's still going to be uncomfortable the first few goes around. You take a breath in as you insert the tampon. And oh god tell me this isn't what sex feels like! This is awful and uncomfortable! I'll never put anything in that weird cave again.