Whoa

CHAPTER SEVEN

Areille's POV

Something about the Night Pack Alpha and Beta seemed off to me. It wasn't anything they'd done or said it was just my wolf; she was uneasy around them for some reason. For the life of me, I couldn't figure it out. All I knew was there was something familiar about them, and it wasn't a good familiar either. Alpha Adam was sort of creepy, the way he kept growling at Cade and glaring at him. Beta Caleb was just as odd; he seemed shocked, as though he was surprised by something here.

"Quit thinking so much, Ray," Cade ordered.

"Yeah," Alex agreed. "We need to pick our outfits for tomorrow night. And by we, I mean Cade."

"Sure I'll be your servant, I am yours to command masters," he said sarcastically.

"Good," I smirked. "Then I command you to go get us ice cream."

"Yes, mistress, right away mistress, anything you wish mistress," Cade simpered, getting onto his knees to clutch my legs. I laughed loudly and shoved him away from me.

"You are so weird," Alex giggled. "Now go get our ice cream and then come pick out our outfits. We need to look hot."

"One of you always does," Cade winked at me.

"He was talking about me," Alex and I said at the same time. We turned to Cade. "Right?"

"Ladies, ladies, you're both gorgeous, how could you expect one man to say who's prettier?" He asked.

"Well, it's a good thing you're not a man," I smirked.

"You know, Areille, you don't always have to be a bitch," Cade pouted.

I pointed at the door. "Ice cream."

Cade mock saluted me and then turned on his heel to walk out the door. I fell backwards onto my bed and Alex fell on top of me. I was too lazy to push her away from me so we just laid there like that waiting for Cade to return with our dessert. A knock sounded on the closed door and I cracked open one eye.

"It's open," I called out lazily.

The door opened to reveal the Night Pack members. They walked cautiously into my room as if afraid something would attack them. Beta Caleb's eyes landed on Alex's body lying haphazardly across my stomach. He arched an eyebrow but said nothing.

"How can we help you?" I asked.

"Uh, your... mom said you would show us to our rooms?" It sounded more like a question then a statement. I shrugged and shoved Alex's shoulder.

"Alex, get your fat ass up," I grumbled.

"My ass isn't fat," she retorted. "It's perfectly proportioned."

I rolled my eyes and got off the bed. I walked out of my room and down the hall where the guest rooms were. The first one we passed was the beta's room and the room directly across the hall from it was the alpha and his mate's room. I turned on my heel back to my room where Cade and Alex were eating ice cream on my bed. I laid my head in Cade's lap and I ate my own ice cream. Alex left for her room about an hour later. Cade and I fell asleep on my bed watching old Disney movies.

***********************************************************************************************

The next morning, I awoke and groggily got ready for school. When I came out of my bathroom Cade was perched casually on my bed, already dressed and ready to go. I took my bag from his outstretched hand and put on my shoes. We walked downstairs where the smell of breakfast bombarded our senses. I walked, almost in a daze, over to the coffee pot. My eyes were barely open as I made three cups of the steaming liquid. I placed one in front of Cade and the other in front of Alex. It took me two cups of coffee to notice that we had two extra people in the kitchen this morning.