A Nurse's Aid

"And we're all done!" I smiled and my customer seemed extremely satisfied. After four hours of work her hair was completely blue. I mean, anyone with hair that long outta dye it with a bucket of paint but who am I to judge the likes of her? Leading her out the door, I pulled myself back inside to close up. It's not so late, but we close at around 5 pm on Sundays. Well, in reality, I'm closing this early to do my own sort of investigation. My wife had mentioned the other day, this curse passed by a key and a nurse that could have possibly been involved with it now dead. My wife's a detective so access to any information I need is possible, though perhaps I didn't need to get involved again in the paranormal. However, walking through the doors of the salon I spent years building from the ground up, I grew more worried.

"Alison, don't ignore me deary. I've missed your flesh so much"

I recognized the voice almost instantaneously. Almost in a flash i turned around to only strike the air. Seeing spirits isn't a skill I'm always proud of but I've learned the hard way ignoring your abilities or not embracing them will disconnect you from your human body.

"Follow me miss"

I turned to a little girl's voice. She grabbed onto my hand and for a moment my heart began to race. She didn't seem to mind it as she ran forward. Trying to keep up with her, I ran behind her.

"Uhm, hi to you too. "

The little girl ignored me. That is, until we hit an abandoned hospital of which laid a shallow grave. Her eyes gazed upon a coffin and as quickly as she grasped my hand, she disappeared back from where she had come from. I can't even question her, because so many ties prior have lead me around New York to random places and people. But, they're usually helpful and my wife has taught me to never ignore them. "For all I know it could be important" she says.

"Come here and let's play a little game"

"I know you miss me"

"We can play all day"

"Listen to the sound of your insanity before you lose yourself"

As I began to open the coffin, these voices became more dark. They breathed down my neck and looked into my eyes as if they were trying to grab the soul out of me.

"I see your blood boiling"

"Your blood is so tasty"

"Let me have you"

Finally, I lifted the coffin open and a thin woman with pale cheeks was revealed to me. In her hands, a silver key. The one my wife has been talking about.

"Pick up the key"

"Pick it up"

"Lift it up"

"Don't think just touch it"

The nurse's fingers seemed to barely hold the key. Her body seemed to have no weight. However, for the sake of not believing the voices, I lifted up the key, examining it with cation. Suddenly, my legs caved in and I fell to the floor. Unnatural tears filled my eyes and pour like rain out of my eyes. The rain sharply turned to blood and my eyes shut close. Holding myself, a collage of images appeared in my brain. An evil nurse, an old newspaper headline about a magic accident, a hooded figure ranting about eyes and a drinking well located in a grave. Struggling to look up, I tried to process the images until the key fell out of my hands and my eyes opened. Getting up as quickly as I can, I took off, ignoring anything that tried to pull me back towards the key.

"Babe? Where are you?" Finally reaching the door, I walked inside and couldn't see her. Thinking the worst and beginning to panic, I screamed louder and louder until finally she came down the stairs and embraced me, and an instant kiss calmed me down.

"Kat, I'm so-"

She wrapped my arms around her neck and smiled into my eyes. Shaking my head I began to fully succumb to her loving touch and I held her in my arms. Taking a moment to look her down, I realized she was wearing a long black dress that barely hugged her hips. Looking at myself, I had ran out the door in cut-up black jeans and a t-shirt. For a moment I thought about telling her what had just happened. Pulling out my phone, I begun to scroll down my Instagram feed. Out of nowhere, I pulled Kat close and took a picture of her for my Instagram page. Adding a small caption of song lyrics, I hit post and again went back to holding her. Yes, I'm social media crazed but I really haven't been posting anything so I figured why not.

"Did you eat yet babygirl?"

I looked at her while addressing her and she giggled

"Of course domina"

I laughed a little

"Alright, Alright"

Pulling her down onto our bed I pulled her close and held her as I drifted off to sleep. The day killed any other activities for the night even eating.

"Domina! Domina! Wake up!"

I rolled over to my side and tried to ignore her as I attempted to drift off to sleep. Growing louder, she kept calling for me over and over again. Shaking her, I looked into her eyes and she realized that she finally had my attention.

"Have you checked your post about us from yesterday???"

Laughing to myself I opened my phone. My eyes widened; the amount of messages coming in through my Instagram dms was completely insane. The one thing in common was every dm stated that I should relook at my most recent post. Concerned, I opened my page and looked at my most recent post for a second. I noticed almost immediately; I was "floating" next to Kat. My skin looked completely see through.

"You're cursed!"

She cried out and ran out of the room. My phone fell to the floor and I passed out.