On Edge

With Violet taking charge of the wedding planning. I'm somewhat relieved. There are many letters to write and orders to be made. Orders for flowers, decor, drinks, clothing, and what-not are being made left and right. I don't know how she keeps track of it all. Mother never did let me in on her wedding plans. This isn't my village either. She has connections I don't have. As news is given out, and distributed from the tongue, Violet grows more worried about my safety. Until William and I are formally wedded, they don't believe it's safe for me to be out in the public quite so soon. It worries both of us, I think William more than I. I shouldn't let it bother me so much. It only stresses him out, and I don't wish to make him stress. He won't tell me, he denies it, but I know he's worrying. Still, I'm worried about the council and the people of William's gated community. There are several towns, built close by, that make up the entire area with no major roads leading here. Thousands of people, vampire's, will be looking at me. I don't want to look any worse than they already view me as being. I take my seat at the dinner table enjoying a nice slab of meat loaf. The others have a glass of what appears to be red wine, but I know very well it wasn't. The metallic smell, the sloshing dark thick red juice staining the cup, and knowing what it was is strange; however, I won't let it bother me. It is all they can drink and taste. I am adapting to the vampire's diets. It's how they survive, and if they don't survive then, I have no marriage. I shake the thought away. How horribly dark. I can't think of what I'd do if I didn't have William.
"How's your paperwork coming brother," Samuel asks causing William to nearly choke.
"Just about done, why do you ask?" William wonders, averting his eyes.
"No reason in particular," Samuel says knowingly. Eleanor shoots Samuel a knowing look.
"Don't pester him too much or he'll choke," she scolds with a humorous scoff. Samuel rolls his eyes at her. William looks up, a little growl rumbles in his chest disrupting Samuel and Eleanor's playful scoldings.
"You know," Violet starts, "You could deal with some of the paperwork," William suggests. The two shoot each other the expectant looks which turn into guilty side glancing. Violet sighs and shakes her head at them. I can't help but smirk at the two of them.
"Samuel, what of your wedding with Eleanor?" I ask him.
"We decided to give it a little time, before the engagement," Samuel explains.
"You haven't betrothed to her yet?" Willian shoots at his brother, and in return, Samuel fires off a look at his brother. William raises an eyebrow, expecting an answer.
"I will-" Samuel murmurs, his voice trailing off. Now it's my turn to give a look to Samuel. I didn't know he hadn't proposed yet. Even if they hold off on the wedding, he still could have proposed. Judging by the shyness, I would suggest he's procrastinating. My eyes flicker to William who smirks a little.
"When are you planning to propose, hmm?" Eleanor wonders, leaning forward, propping her head up as she blinks innocently. Samuel only adverts his eyes, taking another long sip of his drink. As a result of the drink, a slight pinkish color comes to his ears. I can't help laughs a little.
"Soon,' Samuel mutters ever so quietly under his breath. Eleanor rolls her eyes with an amused grin.
"Well, this way, we have more time to prepare for your wedding," Eleanor adds, her eyes flickering to me.
"The sooner the royal wedding, the better," Violet explains, and I nod my head understandingly. I did come from nobility myself, but here I am- marrying into the noble Valentine family.

"Aside, from the wedding planning, what about the Engagement Party," I wonder, turning to Violet.
"Just a simple party-" William begins.
"Just a simple part?" Eleanor snaps at him so fast Samuel chokes on his drink. William stares at her, taken aback by her tone.
"She's right," Violet adds, "William, this party is the announcement to the people that the King has found his bride, their Queen," Violet reminds him. Their Queen she says. I am to be their queen. I am to be a Queen. It means I will have people to be responsible for. It is quite the role to take on. I ball up my fists under the table. William is doing all he can. To keep his people together. While I don't know much, or the severity, but I know I am part of the cause of the trouble. This engagement party and the wedding is so important. I must make an impression on the people, a spectacular impression. All of going to various parties and balls I have attended are nothing compared to the significance of this celebratory ball.
"So, what are you suggesting?" Samuel inquires.
"A dramatic announcement, something that puts their future queen on a pedestal-" Violet breathes as she dreams up some idea.
"What am I to do? I question Violet as she thinks, I'm a little scared of what she could be debating on. I have to try, though. Violet is smart, she knows the importance of all of this. I must trust her judgement, planning, and act upon it with confidence. My knuckles almost turn white as I tighten my fists. Why can't some things, if not everything, be easy because nothing ever seems to be easy for me.
"Which is why at the engagement party, we should make a special showing I think. An exaggerated entrance sounds appropriate," Violet suggests, already plotting the party as she stares off into space, "Let everyone see their queen in a beautiful dress enter the ballroom, graceful and elegant. It will be a grand first impression when she makes her presence known-" Violet drones on. William groans quietly, but it's noticeable.
"Do you have a problem?" Violet demands to know.
"Why yes I do, I do," William grumbles, "Making a display of her for everyone," he complains, his voice trailing off. He shakes his head disapprovingly, typically William. I don't blame him so much, though. The idea intrigues me, yet also deters me from agreeing immediately. To walk in the ballroom full of vampire's, and the eagle-eyed council members are something bold and dangerous feeling. What if I tripped walking in? I think I would die on the spot.
"Which is why moments after she enters the room you'll be there to promptly lead her into the room," Violet informs him, though William still looks like he's opposed to the idea.