Chapter 08

I groaned in pain the moment I wake up inside the familiar beige room, I sighed after sighting bandage in my right thigh.

"How are you bitch?" agad na tanong ni Zhavia ng mapansing gising na ako, she's casually eating an apple, "The doctor said you're fine, the knife didn't hit anything serious. Kaylangan mo lang mag-ingat upang hindi bumulwak ang dugo mula sa sugat."

"We kicked Reign out of the academy," napatingin naman ako kay Arcelie, "Anything you want to do with her? Like make her pay or something?"

Muli kong naalala ang nakita ko sakanyang braso, I know there's something wrong with her, I can't get mad because it feels like there's reason behind it. "Let me talk to her."

"No way. I won't let you." Umirap si Zhavia at umiling pa. "Gusto mong masaksak na sa ulo? Gosh, you're not thinking."

Umupo ako at sumandal sa headboard ng kama, "There's something fishy about her, I can sense it." I crossed my arms and calculate my hunch, "Why would she bring pocketknife in school? It feels like she just wants to protect herself." Ang kanilang noo ay nakakunot saakin ngunit hindi ko iyon pinansin, "When I sense a liquid foundation all over her skin, there's really something going on, the way she tremble and acting brave, and specially, I saw bruises on her arms as well some part bellow the knee. What do you think's happening? She's acting like a bitch so why she have those?"

Binagsak ni Zhavia ang sarili sa upuan at sinamaan ako ng tingin, "I think your head got stab and you lost your mind. Stop thinking and just rest."

Dahan-dahan akong umiling, "I want to talk to her Arcelie, do it or you're fired." Napaawang ang kaniyang bibig habang simply lang akong ngumiti. "Bring the other girl too. The one she bullied."

"Should we go back to Manila and do a CT scan to your head?" Zhavia asked politely, "Do you think you're an investigator now? The only fact here is she's crazy, a psychopath whatever you call that."

Hindi ko pinansin si Zhavia at tinignan ang wallclock, It's already 8 in the evening, ang tagal ko palang nagising. I thought I'll wake up in a hospital but luckily, I'm here inside the resthouse.

"Do you really not like hospitals?" Tanong ni Arcelie at nilapag ang pagkain sa side-table, "We were about to bring you in the hospital earlier but Dr. Rhodes insist to let you stay here instead because you might dont like it."

Natigilan ako ng ilang segundo bago ko kinuha ang tray at kinain iyon dahil kumakalam ang aking sikmura. "I dont know whats wrong with him, im fine with hospitals." I lied.

"Shocks, Chaucer still remember everything about your likes and hates. Ilang buwan ba naging kayo? 12 months?" Nakita kong halos matumba si Arcelie sa narinig mula kay Zhavia, she chuckles, "Oh! Your relationship lasts for 10 to 11 months!"

"Naging kayo Ms??" Gulat nitong tanong, I glared Zhav who's having fun teasing me, habang tinaasan kolang ng kilay si Arcelie, napatikom naman sya sakanyang bibig. I continued filling my empty stomach of foods not minding them.

The door open the moment I finished eating, I drink a cup of water while staring at him walking inside with a kit on his hand. Our eyes met and he looked deadly serious, that's nothing new.

"Your wound needs dressing, its been 8 hours." Ani niya bago nilagay ang aid kits saaking tabi, kinuha naman ni Arcelie ang pinagkainan ko at tahimik na lumabas.

"I'll eat outside," pinandilatan ko ng mata si Zhavia ngunit hindi niya ako pinansin, "Anyway Chaucer, pagsabihan mo nga yan. She wants to meet the girl who did that to her. Please check if she gained mental illness, you're studying psychiatry anyway." Utas pa nito bago lumabas.