Chapter 9: Misery Consuming

Tyki's POV

"Allen?" Tyki peeked around corners and behind every door, looking under and around every object he could find - even a plant. As he lifted the standing plant and called out the boy's name, he heard Road giggle.

"He's not under the plant, Tyki!"

The noah of pleasure turned on his heel and pouted dramatically. "Road? You haven't seen Allen, have you? After he ran out of the dining room, I've not been able to find even a hair of him." He sighed and slouched slightly at his failure.

The corners of her lips lowered slightly and she looked at the man as though she was studying him carefully. "That's because..." She paused and Tyki straightened up, suddenly feeling a wave of worry creep into his heart. He didn't quite like the tone she was using, knowing it could only mean that bad news would soon follow. Is he in trouble? Does he not want to see me? As the words escaped her lips, it felt as though a large sword had gone through his chest and had sliced his heart into two pieces. "He left the ark, Tyki."

"Huh?" He widened his eyes and allowed his mind to race with theories as to why the boy would go out on his own and why the girl before him hadn't done anything about it. Is he leaving... for good? He was furious, just before. I have to go find him! He can't get away - what are they doing? He grit his teeth and clenched his hands into fists before loosening his muscles and breathing out his worry. It's okay... he CAN'T get away. I will always find him - he can't hide. "I assume you know where he is, yes? Then, why aren't you opening a door? Lead me to him - we don't have time to waste."

She lowered her head, allowing her hair to cover her eyes, hiding her expression from the noah. "Yeah, about that... Lord Millennium said for us to leave him be... We can't follow him..."

What? The Earl? Allowing him to leave? That's impossible... Everything about that is impossible... What is that clown thinking?! He uncharacteristically let out a loud groan and marched down the hall and toward the Earl.

I can't just let this go... Even if i have to defy the Earl, I WON'T let this go.

Allen's POV

The ex-exorcist had taken the long route to Mother, hoping that the distance between the placement of the ark and his intended location would be enough for the noah not to find him. He walked sluggishly, frowning deeply with his head lowered and his hair dangling below his face.

As his heart began to ache, he stopped walking. He was in the midst of a crowd of people, so those who walked behind him bumped into him, becoming furious with him for stopping so suddenly, and walking around. He was deep in thought, though, and only stared at the ground, clenching his hands into fists.

Although it's not been that long, that I've been with him, it feels like we've been together forever and I'm walking away from something... important. But what was it? A flirtatious friendship? We've been enemies from the start and yet I've allowed myself to become close to him... This isn't love. This SHOULDN'T be love.

As he grazed his necklace with the tips of his fingers, he thought back to the time when Tyki and he had said how they loved eachother and the genuine, innocent smile that the noah wore. He thought of how kind Tyki was to him, even going so far as to set them as equals, and how they'd slept together almost every night. He thought of the man's innocent, sleeping face; how he couldn't help but feel a genuine connection with the man, when he saw that expression.

He sighed and lifted his head, unclenching his hands and walking forward. It doesn't matter, now. If we weren't enemies then, we are again. I won't allow myself to become so close to him, anymore. It was a mistake to trust that man. That noah...

Unknown Person's POV

The man knelt before the Earl before looking up and asking, "You called, Earl?"

"I want you to run a few errands for me. Allen Walker - I'd like you to follow him and closely monitor his behavior and emotions. Make sure to describe to me in great detail everything that he says and does, as you would when writing a novel. Don't let me down; this is your test~! It has to be as though I am there, personally, with the way you tell me your story."

He groaned slightly but stopped before more than a slight breath of air could get out, trying his hardest to suppress his anger at the thought of having to tail that brat. "May I ask why, Lord Millennium?"

He hopped repeatedly in his seat, nonsensically gesturing toward the many phones that scattered the room as he seemed to dance with his entire upper body. "Well, I have so much work to do! How can I do all of this while keeping such a close eye on the boy~? In any case, this is more of a test to see whether or not you'll faithfully abide by my rules."

He nodded as a bead of sweat formed on his forehead at the thought that he might be turned against, should he fail. He didn't want to make an enemy of the noah... not right now. Not while he was still on this personal mission.

He stood and turned to walk out, stopping only at the sound of the fat man's voice.

"Oh and one more thing: I want you to make him suffer. Diligently."

(Oof... I'm starting to feeling like the endings to chapters are insanely repetitive. I literally went through several of my previous chapters just to see if I've actually written the same line at the end of a chapter and said by the Earl, before, but couldn't find one. Maybe it's just because I end each chapter with one short sentence? Although, my main reason with doing it for the Earl, when I'm in situations like this, is because I feel like there's a LOT of detail to be added, so you know what's going on, but I don't want to make the whole chapter about it. So, jaaa. xD)