Ch. 10

STB: Chapter 10 - Meeting

The beautiful notes of of the fourth movement of Schubert's Trout flowed through the air of the coffee shop.

The store was decorated in a retro manner, with wisteria and other leafy plants filling the intimate space. The floor was covered with small pebbles and there was the gurgling of running water.The sun shone through the transparent glass ceiling that was shaded by trees.

This place was more like a garden for people to rest in the afternoon than a coffee shop.

There were a small number of customers in the store, and it was cleverly designed to cut off line of sight to the entrance.

A china spoon stirred through the brown liquid that exuded a warm taste into the warm air. Slender fingers picked up a small lump of sugar and threw it into the cup.

There was a contemporary entertainment magazine on the table. Li Fei removed the sunglasses from his face, looking like a laid back person as he flipped to a column in the magazine that introduced movies.

Li Fei looked like he was reading, but his eyes didn't stay on the page. He seemed bored as he occasionally fiddled with the lid of the lighter in his left hand. It made a low sound, but no flames emerged.

Once the sugar in the coffee had half melted, Li Fei saw a man walking towards the table with the help of a employee.

The music was entering a minor variation and the sun shone on the man, making him look blurry. However, his temperament was outstanding.

The black coat over the light coloured shirt. It didn't have the quality of tailored clothes and couldn't be called brand name clothing.Despite this, owner of the clothing still seemed relaxed, as if he didn't care about the speculation and eyes of others.

They hadn't seen each other for a long time, so Li Fei couldn't help closing his eyes. Then he stiffened and the lighter in his left hand slid onto the table.

When Jian Hua walked into the coffee shop, he got a ominous foreboding.

This was the meeting place for his appointment with Li Fei. From Li Fei's position, there was no need to trick a small person like him.If he did want to trick Jian Hua, wasn't it more appropriate to choose a private club instead of such an upscale coffee store?

In addition to the dangerous omen, there was an inexplicable excitement.

It was with this strange mood that Jian Hua walked through the hollow partition wall decorated with flowers and trees. As he approached the table, his heartbeat increased and the music changed.

Trout. The trout freely swimming in the stream was fished up and became prey.

-The fierce beast opened his eyes and found his prey.

Both Jian Hua and Li Fei were unprepared for this change. Despite all the strange changes in their lives, they chose to wait and continue with their original plan.

Now this situation suddenly occurred, so they didn't know if they should feel scared or surprised.

"It turned out to be you." Li Fei and Jian Hua muttered at the same time. Both of them were aware that another force had appeared in Huai City.

"Sir, is this not the table you were looking for?" The employee hastily inquired.

"No, this is the table. "Li Fei nodded with a smile. The employee was a young girl who immediately flushed. She bowed, pulled out the chair for Jian Hua, placed a heavy satin booklet on the table and politely left.