~Prolouge~

I sighed as I peered through the white curtains hanging from my windows. The moon high in the sky and no sign of me falling asleep anytime soon. Tomorrow is the start of the mating festival , it's not a sure thing to find your mate but most do within the first week. Along with finding your mate you find out what "type" you are; Breeder or Carrier. I'm pretty sure 99.99% that I'm a breeder seeing as my whole family is; I'm the youngest. My Sister is even a breeder and female breeders are rare. Breeders being the impregnator and Carriers being the impregnated.
I don't know whether to be excited or nauseated.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I somehow managed to fall asleep as I was awoken by my elder sister Rita, "Wake up sleepy head today's the day!" She hummed excitedly as she pulled my blanket away from my protesting form. "The festival doesn't even start until 3:30!" I groaned into my pillow as I shooed her away with the wave of my hand. She huffed loudly and proceeded to annoy me, "Reese it's 11 and you need to take a shower , eat, pack your things, sign in, get your number ID, and finally find your mate!" She bellowed at me. I sat up and scoffed at her , "how many people actually meet their mate the first week much less the first year of the festival, I'm only 16 I'm sure I won't find my mate". She wrinkled her nose in distaste, "It's law that you have to go; I woke you up so I did my job if you don't show up and get locked up that's up to you" she threw her hands in the air giving up and leaving the room with a shuffle. Damn...pregnancy made her moody.
I looked at the clock and sighed, might as well get a move on.
After showering, packing and signing in I was finally being assigned my number; which was basically an easy way to identify if your mate was human so they wouldn't overwhelm them and mark them hastily.
I was getting ready to join the festival when I was knocked into by my one and only best friend, Talu. "Ready to find your mate my little Reese Cup!" She yelled, I grimaced at her nick name; mostly because I know that my mom named us after her pregnancy cravings. "You know since I'm human I won't be the one finding them but the opposite ?"
She gave me and 'oooh' face like she was just learning that I was human. Herself being a witch and all she could feel her mate more strongly than humans. We could only feel them by touch.
I sighed and played with my blue wrist band signifying I'm human, "I just hope she's sweet, soft and shorter than me and I looked up at Talu.
"Fat luck ma' boy you're like 5'8" unless she's super tiny you're SOL" she smirked at me.
"One can dream" I shook my head and headed through the gates with Talu...
Let's hope for the best shall we?
.
.
.
.
Thank you for reading ! I decided to try a new story because my creativity has been burning to write for days. Let me know how you like it by voting or commenting :) thank you!
~Onyxicea