Chapter 1

"If your stuff isn't out of my room by the time I get back, you can bet my missing claw that I will throw it you" I growled at my older brother making him pale before clearing his throat.

"Right" Zach breathed before furrowing his eyebrows at me, "How long will you be gone for?" 

"He's gone for a month and a half" Gray, our younger brother, answered with a pout making me sigh.

"I'll be back before you know it. Besides, I'll be with Owen. Nothing's gonna happen with that Idiot" I told the lighter brown haired male who simply rolled his eyes at me.

"Come on, Moon! I ain't got all day!" Owen called from the drivers door of his ute.

I growled over at him before turning to my parents, Karen and Scott.

"Be safe. Don't hit your fingers too many times with the hammer" Mum laughed as Dad rested a hand on her shoulder.

"If I do anything with the hammer, it'll be nailing some common sense into that Idiot over there" I muttered, gesturing my head over at Owen who was impatiently waiting.

"Be nice, Moon" Dad chuckled, ruffling my silver hair on my head before pulling me into a manly hug.

"Yeah, yeah" Rolling my purple eyes, I turned to Gray with a sigh, "Keep up your studies. I don't want to have to come back to growl at you".

Gray laughed, his pout given up as he breathed, "Okay".

"Moon! I'm gonna leave without you!" Owen yelled causing a growl to bubble in my throat.

"Go on! You're the one who wanted me to come with you!" I yelled back at him, watching him pout at the truth.

With an eyeroll and sigh, I said my goodbyes to my family and got into Owen's ute, waving as he drove us to his plot of land.

-  1 Week Time Skip - 

"Work on that next piece" Owen suggested after I finished my previous chore.

"What next piece?" I growled at him, not seeing the supposed piece at all.

"That one, right there" He pointed, said piece being a tiny roof sheet about the size of a book.

"What? That little wooden tile?" I questioned, watching Owen roll his eyes before going back to his hammering.

I rolled my own eyes before my head snapped towards the sound of a car door, my eyes widening when I saw Claire walking over.

"You have got to be kidding me" I muttered to myself before climbing down my ladder and dusting my hands off with a rag.

"Hey, Owen" She tried, not calling loud enough for the male to hear as he hammered away.

"Owen!" She exclaimed, Owen pausing and muttering an "Oh, boy".

"Back for more, huh?" He asked amusedly after turning to look down at her.

"Can I buy you a beer?" Claire asked him before turning to me with a questionable expression.

"Yes, I can drink" I answered her unasked question causing her to nod.

"Did you bring 'em? Or we like gotta go somewhere?" Owen returned with a smirk making me roll my eyes.

-Time Skip-

"Bloody hell" I muttered to myself, Clair currently laughing hysterically as Owen was, somewhat, glaring at her.

"Seriously? I cant believe you think that you left me" She spoke amongst her laughter.