Chapter 15

Whilst Poppy was outside speaking to the police officers, other YouTubers and Caspar's family came to visit, bearing gifts and cards. I kissed Caspar on the cheek and excused myself, I didn't want to intrude on his family's time with him.

I approached the officers and Poppy. "Any leads on Alfie?" I asked.

"None," Poppy said, her brown eyes full of tears. "I'm so worried Zoe. After all that's happened...Who knows if he's still alive?"

I could feel tears rushing up but I blinked them away, trying to stay positive for Poppy's sake. "Don't think like that Poppy. Maybe he's staying with a friend we don't know about." Even I didn't believe that, though.

"My parents are taking it pretty hard," Poppy said, brushing away a tear. "Everyone's so worried. The fans are freaking out that Alfie's missing and Caspar's injured, and there's a huge search going on. Apparently there's a huge reward for the culprit."

"So," said the first officer, cutting Poppy off. "I'm Jonathan and this is my partner Faye."

"Hello," said Faye in a brisk tone.

"You say this Tyler guy, he's staying at a hotel?" Jonathan asked.

"Yeah, it's in Brighton actually. You can walk to it from my house," I said, trying to provide as much information as possible.

"Well that's perfect," said Faye. "We can go the boys hotel and demand they show us footage of who left and entered and when. If the times match the attack we'll almost be 100% sure who did it."

"Almost?" I asked.

"Well, it could just be a coincidence. We wouldn't really believe that but we need solid fact and proof. After that we'd just have to tail this Tyler guy and see what he's up to," Faye said. "You said he has a roommate?"

"Yeah, Troye Sivan," I said.

"The guy who sings 'Happy Little Pill'? I love that song!" Jonathan exclaimed excitedly, then blushed. "Forget I said that. Carry on, Faye."

Faye glared at Jonathan. "Well, bring us to the hotel, Miss Sugg."

Ten minutes later, we stood at reception, were Faye was talking to the receptionist.

"Of course, ma'am," the receptionist see. "Since you're cops. But I'm afraid those two teenagers can't see. It's confidential."

"Alright, though I don't see the point," Faye snapped. "Let me save the tapes from last night onto my laptop as evidence."

"We also have tapes outside and we should be able to see right to the hedge outside the girl's house, but not over it," the receptionist said.

"That's brilliant, thanks," said Faye, and with a few taps of her keyboard she had the footage saved.

We then continued home. "I told Dom to meet you here. We have to go," Faye said, gesturing to herself and Jonathan. "We need to evaluate the tapes then we'll tell you."

Five minutes later Dom met Poppy and I and we departed from the officers.

"You really should tell me when you're leaving places, as I'm your temporary bodyguard," Dom scolded lightly.

"Sorry, Dom, we forgot you were the one who escorted is to the hospital," I smiled at him.

"That's OK," Dom said.

All of a sudden, a bag was placed over my head and I was pulled to the ground. I hear Poppy scream beside me and Dom give a muffled yell.

I gasped for air in my bag and started to feel lightheaded. I kept fighting and managed to wrestle it off my head. I caught my breath and then rushed to Poppy's aid, pulling the bag off of her, but she was already out cold. I gasped when I saw a figure in the distance beating Dom's body with a bat. I could see the blood. Then he threw Dom's body in the bushes. He mustn't know I was watching him.

In a panic, I fumbled for my phone and called the police.

"Help, it's Zoe! We just got suffocated by plastic bags, Poppy's unconscious and Dom was beaten and thrown in the bushes! The attackers nearby, help me!" I yelled into the phone.

I pulled Poppy into a bush, hiding her from view so she wasn't attacked again and grabbed the knife I had to keep in my bag in case of emergencies like this one.

I ran towards the bushes were Dom lay, which was probably a stupid thing to do but I had to see if he was OK.

I looked around to try and see our attacker but the only person for miles was a tiny figure with dark hair. Troye Sivan.

Whoever was doing this had to be working alone, for they'd obviously use two people to overpower us. But how could little Troye do something like that?

Or was it Tyler?

Or Finn?

I was so confused.

"Zoe!" I heard in the distance. "Zoe!"

From the other direction, my boyfriend ran to me with open arms.

"Jack!" I sobbed, leaping into his arms.

"Jack oh my god! Dom was attacked and Poppy's unconscious and Caspar's in hospital and Alfie's missing and my windows were smashed and my tyres slit and I was almost suffocated and it's too much for me to handle Jack!" I wept into his shoulder, all in one breath.

Jack rubbed my back. "I heard what happened Zoe..I came straight away. Are you OK?"

"Yes, but I don't know about Poppy or Dom," I cried. "It's just so scary ..."