Part 4

At last, the girls had managed to get back to their hotel room. Once they were at the door and he knew they would fine, Tom had left to go back to his own room, which was on a different floor. Y/n didn't know which one, though, so she sat in the armchair watching a random TV show to waste the rest of the night. Ginny, Veronica and Jessica had all fallen asleep within five minutes of their heads hitting their pillows, but y/n was still thinking about Tom. She could still feel his arm draped around her shoulders, the warmth of his jacket...his jacket!

With a start she realised that he'd never taken it back. She would have kept it seeing as it reminded her of him but it seemed somewhat expensive, being real leather. Then she remembered that they'd swapped phone numbers. She got her phone from the stand where it was charging, and found his number in her list of contacts. It rang a few times before he picked up.

"Hi...y/n?"

"Oh. Tom, hi. I hope I didn't wake you."

"No, not at all. I couldn't sleep, actually."

"Me neither."

Although neither of them said it, they both knew that they' been on each other's minds.

"So, um, did you need something?" he asked.

"Oh, yes! You left your jacket," she said.

"Shoot. Do you wanna bring it down to me? I'm in Number 14, two floors below you?"

"Sure," y/n jumped up and down slightly realising he'd basically just invited her down to his room.

"See you in five then," he said, hanging up.

Y/n rushed to the mirror and tried as best she could to tame her hair, which was slightly out of place by now. She brushed a comb through it a few times, and decided that was enough. It didn't look too bad now, and besides, she didn't have enough time. Wait, what would her friends think if she'd just disappeared in the middle of the night? Finding a scrap of paper, she scribbled a quick note. 'Gone to give Tom his jacket, be back in ten minutes.' Satisfied, she shoved the note on the coffee table in the middle of the room, grabbed a key and Tom's jacket, then silently slipped out of the door.

She tapped her foot impatiently while waiting for the lift, excited at the prospect of seeing Tom again. Then it occurred to her that maybe he'd forgotten his jacket on purpose, wanting to have an excuse to find her too. Maybe this really was going to be more than just a whirlwind romance on a holiday in another country. Maybe they were destined to be together after all. The lift stopped, signalling she had reached the 4th floor. As the doors slid open, y/n smoothed down her skirt and stepped out towards where she thought Tom's room would be. Sure enough, there was a door on the left hand side with the number 14 emblazoned upon it. Just as she raised her hand to knock, the door opened and she was greeted by the familiar sight of Tom's fluffy mop of curls. y/n couldn't help but grin widely.

"How did you know I was here?"

"I was listening for the lift and I heard your footsteps," he admitted sheepishly.

Y/n handed back his jacket and was about to leave when he called back to her.

"Y/n?"

She looked back at him wondering what he wanted.

"Come in, just for a bit." he opened the door wider and pulled her in gently by the hand.