CHAP. 4

Cherry felt like Zasol was ripping her arm off, he was tugging her so tightly.

"Please! Please I don't want to go! I...I have a brother! Please!" Cherry found herself blubbering at Zasol, but he remained stone-faced.

Finally, when they were a good distance from The Typhoon, Zasol let go of her arm. Cherry rubbed it gently. "Where...? This isn't the dungeons..."

Zasol sighed. "I know. You're not going to the dungeon." He tapped his foot, as if waiting impatiently.

Cherry stared at him. "Well, then, where am I going?"

He gave her a sharp glare. Cherry looked down at her feet.

"If you don't quit chattering, you will be going to the dungeons."

Cherry bit her lip after that. She didn't know what was happening. But she knew Zasol was trying to help her.

They stood in silence for a bit.

After what seemed like hours, Cherry saw a man walking discreetly down the hall, blending fantastically with the walls.

"Finally," Cherry heard Zasol mutter. "Ing," he said louder, sounding relieved. "I've got Oku, I told the king about her. He told me to throw her in the dungeons."

Cherry studied the tall, lithe man, who looked the same as everyone, though his scales were a mesh of different colors.

Cherry hadn't been paying attention to what they were saying, but Zasol looked expectant.

"Um..." Cherry mumbled.

Zasol rolled his eyes. "Cherry. This is Ingwane. He's part of the research lab, and he's going to ask you a few questions."

Cherry nodded dumbly, and then let Ing lead her away.

This just gets weirder and weirder.