Letters-P.H (Hogwarts Mystery)

Honestly I don't know

It was kind of unexpected, after all she was Penny Haywood not just some random Hufflepuff girl that was found in Hogwarts. When Penny Haywood stopped hanging out with more of the popular groups to hang out with you people where dumbfounded.

"Why are they talking to her?"

"That filthy excuse for a Hufflepuff?"

"Disgusting"

So, you swallowed in the comments and hid them from Penny, hoping to at least make her oblivious to the comments, after all your crush on Penny was getting obvious and you did not want the others to hear about it.

------------

It was a relatively normal day when you started sending her letters, anonymously of course most started out cheesy and some were re-assuring when she was feeling down. Penny had always gushed over her secret admirer smiling brightly talking about them, oblivious to the fact that it was obviously you.

"____!" Penny called you over, with a wide grin she showed more letters. "Look more of them!" You smiled and walked as calm as you can be towards her. Her fingers picked up the faded white letters and traced over the top. "Look ____ see these stains?" She smiled widely, cocking her head to the side and puffing out her chest. "These are from ingredients mostly found in the kitchen." She paused to take a breath. "And the closest house near the kitchen is hufflepuff. So... they must be a hufflepuff!"

Ah drat.... You knew you forgot something, "Maybe they're in slytherin? Since after all the slytherin also live near." Desperate to keep yourself hidden you continue. "It might even be from the other houses gone to give it to you and paused for a snack" Penny shook her head gently, "That's where the best part comes in!" She winked at you. "All the letters where delivered by owl so they would not have passed by the kitchen." She held up 2 fingers, "Leaving slytherin and hufflepuff."

"I'm sure you'll find them someday Pen," And with that you left

-------------------

Penny ran over the stairs of the owlery, hearing someone saying that they saw someone holding a similar letter climbing the stairs. She had to find out who this person was, how they knew when she was sad, how they knew when she felt lonely and so much detail. She contemplated at first, maybe this was a stalker, but at this point she didn't care anymore.

She finally reached the top of the owlery and ran to the tawny owl she knew brought the letter before bumping and knocking somebody down, that somebody was you.

"Oh my gosh ____! I'm so sorry" Your face heated up feeling embarrassed. "Its, uh... , Its f-fine Penny" You push Penny to the side and dust your robe before realising the letter was still in your hands and shoving it into your robe waist pocket hoping Penny didn't see it, Unfortunately for you Penny saw it.

"___? What's that?" You shove your hands into your waist pocket and try to smooth things over. "Its... Its for someone that I know." Penny raised her eyebrow before remembering why she came here. "Oh! ____! Have you seen my secret admirer running up here?" She asked dusting her robe off. "I.. Uh... Yeah." You decided to come clean right here and right now. "Oh really? Who is it?"

You take a deep breath and shakily confessed "Its... It's me Pens" You could feel the blood rushing to your face, as everything seems to crumble around you. Why isn't Penny responding? Why was she so silent? "You're kidding right?" She's laughing oh my god she's laughing. You could feel anger, you clench your fist as small tears start to form. "After everything you're laughing?" Penny jumped back, surprised at your shout. "What do you mean?" "How could you be so oblivious!" Full formed tears where flowing down your cheek, crap you didn't mean to cry crap crap crap crap. "I –I mean I heard rumors that you liked me but I thought they were just rumors." You take a deep breath. "Its hard enough for me to be liking a girl in this era but for her to completely laugh at me after she found out" You wipe your tears on your robe.

"Look ____, I'm sorry for ignoring you like this but maybe, we could just try?" And like that everything you felt, every pent up emotion was gone, you handed her the letter you crumpled in your waistpocket and smiled "I hope we do" You gave her a kiss on the lips and ran down as fast as you could down the stairs.

Penny opened the letter.