Hooked on a Feeling

[ihop sucks at coffee their milk is sour and they doNT EVEN K N O W]

Before the plane lands, the articles are published and circulating like blood through a body. They're split on whether or not I'm insane or just troubled, but they all agree I'm past that phase in my life. I'm glad they don't comprehend that the phase is my life in a permanent phrase.

Brendon breathes a sigh of relief. He's reading over my shoulder and releases his iron grip on my bicep to bury his face in his hands as soon as the positive title from Daily Mail pops on the screen. He finally relaxes for the first time in hours.

"Our favorite movie star has his troubles, but we love him just as much. In fact," I continue even though I think the opening paragraph makes no sense, "it seems like he fits his upcoming role better than we ever could have imagined. Just an hour ago, Taylor Swift revealed in an exclusive interview that she's playing one of two lead characters in a new flick, Graveyard Blues, based off the best selling novel by Joshua Tyler. Can you guess who her costar is yet?"

Brendon looks up as soon as I finish reading that section, blatantly confused. "In an exclusive interview? I thought she wasn't supposed to tell anyone."

"Publicity. There is no point in hiding anymore, and the attention I have gathered should boost movie views significantly." It's a smart move on her part.

I keep reading aloud. "Following the leak of his hidden criminal records a few hours ago, Weekes was spotted at LAX on a flight to Michigan to begin filming. His childhood friend and official boyfriend for four years now was seen leading him to the plane while he pops a prescription pill for anxiety."

I scroll down to see the photos they attached. They showcase Brendon's pill perfectly. The caption analyses the type of medication it is, and they're right.

"They were later seen locked in a heated PDA session as they waited for passengers to board their flight, as close as ever. If anything, this lets every fan take a breath. Weekes's troubled past is truly the past, and he doesn't seem to be going anywhere but the big screen."

They added zoomed-in pictures of us in the window of the plane. They're blurry and low quality shots, but they get the point across. I look normal.

🔪

The location set for Graveyard Blues is different. It takes place in a remote hotel in the middle of nowhere, so that is where we stay. Our trailers are replaced with rooms, and the equipment is stored in its usual box outside.

The owners are ecstatic that we arrived. They were instructed to keep everything private and they had, so Taylor and I pose for photos with each of them, and the team gives them a large poster we signed to hang in the lobby.

I look dead in the pictures they print out from Polaroid cameras and tack to the walls immediately. They write it off as jet lag and lack of sleep over the last few days, so I play along with it. There's no point in not doing so.

Taylor is almost too excited. She's chatting with everyone and signing anything and everything for them, holding two kids in her arms, trading bracelets with a little girl. She's sitting on her knees to speak at the same level as the parade of children gathering around her legs for comforting hugs.

Brendon stands on the outskirts of the crowd with me. He's watching silently, but smiling all the same. He holds my hand loosely and fidgets with the plastic button on his suitcase handle in the other.

That's what he wants. He wants someone like Taylor, who's affectionate and bubbly, someone who loves attention and socializing as much as he does. He's fallen in love with the polar opposite.