Campfire- Erik x reader

You and Erik had a nice, close relationship. You two would be open to each other, yet.. distant at the same time. It wasn't your fault, though, Erik was just a secluded person, and you completely understood how he felt. Secrets were told, stories were shared, and promises were kept. A nice, stable friendship, right? The two of you weren't exactly into 'love', though. It was the best choice, for both of you, yet you knew you had feelings for him deep down.

  You and your party had been travelling for months, training to bring Mordegon down. Rab had decided it was best to stop for the night and rest, leaving you all to camp in Sniflheim, which wasn't exactly one of your most warmest choices. Everybody wasn't too fond of it's constant winter, except for Erik, at least, who was used to such temperatures.

  It was fairly dark outside now, the campfire giving a nice glow to the area. Nobody had tents, the large one you all shared had been destroyed. It was terrible, you were sitting close to the fire, trying to get decently warm, if anything. You looked around, seeing how everyone else was holding up. Poor Rab had managed to fall asleep, leaning against a log that had been set up for a seat earlier. Sylvando was reading a book, he looked quite content, which was nice to know. Serena and Veronica were next to each other, though you couldn't tell what they were doing, their backs were facing you. Jade had her eyes closed, leaning against a log as well, yet you knew she was still awake.

  You had turned to look at Erik, half-expecting him to be asleep again. He wasn't, which was a bit of a surprise, even though he was a fairly light sleeper. He had his back against everyone else, as usual, leaning against the pile of firewood. You were curious to see what he was doing, so you crawled over to the wood.

  At first, he didn't notice you, he was too busy, carelessly messing with his knife. You cleared your throat softly, making him slightly flinch and look over.

  "Oh, (y/n), you scared me." He mumbled softly, smiling a bit and putting his knife away. "Can't sleep..?"

  You shook your head, "It's too cold.. how can you handle this..?" You asked quietly, moving closer to him and leaning against the pile of firewood as well.

  Erik shrugged a bit and looked up, watching the stars, "Huh.. I dunno.. I guess because I lived here..  for half of my life.." he said softly, almost whispering it.

  "Really..?" You asked, slightly tilting your head and moving even closer.

  Erik nodded, "Born in Sniflheim's city, raised by Vikings.." he simply replied, closing his eyes and stretching out his arms.

  You hummed in response and sighed quietly. It was almost silent now, but in a nice, peaceful way. You looked at Erik again, finally pressing yourself against his side, causing him to flinch again and blink. He felt a blush rise to his face, sighing softly and swallowing his pride. He bit his lip, wrapping an arm around you. You smiled and made a small noise to signal you approved of his actions, throwing your legs across his, sideways on his lap. You dared to nuzzle close to his chest, resting your head against his arm. You couldn't have imagined yourself doing this, only days before. This was the closest you had ever been to him, and you didn't want to leave his side.

  Erik hesitantly put his other hand on your leg, close to your ankle. He burrowed his head against yours, teal and (h/c) hair tangling together. You both had managed to fall asleep, keeping each other warm. If this had been a dream, you sure as hell didn't want to wake up.