Prologue

Snow was heavily falling all over Tokyo the night Saori Okada was born. The sound of the infant's cries could be heard all over the hospital building, but another voice seemed to dominate hers. Her fathers cries, he was crying out the name of the birth mother who was paler then the snow falling outside. The mothers hand was becoming weak and her grip on her husband loosened quickly. But to the father, his wife's passing seemed to move in slow motion.

He kissed her forehead, her cheeks, and her cold lips. He shook her and continued to cry for her name, ignoring his newborn child's need. Why did she have to go and leave him with their child. What was he going to do? He didn't know one thing about taking care of children. The stress hit him like a train. How's he going to get money to pay for two mouths and to let her study in a good school. 

"Sir... The baby needs the attention of her parent." the nurse reminded the father, breaking the silence in the cold hospital room. All the man did was nod and walk slowly towards the nurse. She held her out to him and he held her not close but not to far away either. The baby just continued weeping from being held in cold arms. Quickly, the nurse took her from his grasp and felt his arm for a split second. "Sir, you're really cold!" 

      "I'll be alright..." He managed to spit out. 

A couple of years have passed by and the infant was now a fifteen years old resembling her mother that she doesn't recall. Her father was dreading this day, the day when he couldn't look at her right in the eye. It was too painful for him. 

The father watched his child play the piano skillfully, his eyes were looking at her back. Why did she have to resemble her mother so much? Why did she have to have her piercing blue eyes and my jet black locks? 

He shut his eyes tightly, reminiscing the time they went to the park to get ice cream. Her ice cream had fallen splat on the ground and she wouldn't stop crying. He placed his hand underneath her chin and made her face him, "Don't cry for something stupid like that."  She sniffled lightly and rubbed away the tears as her papa went to get her another cookie's n cream ice cream. As soon as he turned around with the ice cream in hand, his daughter was making a heart with her hands over her gorgeous blue eyes.

     "Papa, Ai shi teru*!!" she exclaimed, placing her hands behind her back and smiling. 

He couldn't take care of her anymore, he grimaced when she played the last note. His hands tightened into a fist as he opened his mouth to say something, "Get into some comfortable clothing with a cloak... also take your mothers katana off the wall." 

-----

*I love you!!