Bathroom Break

“Miss? Can I go to the bathroom?”

I know this is risky, even as I say it. What if we get caught? How exactly are we supposed to explain that?

Oh, I know, we’ll say that one of us tripped and our lips collided, completely by accident, the second before you walked in! Or, maybe, that I’d been giving Seth mouth-to-mouth. While he was fully conscious. Standing up.

When Mrs. McHenry nods her head, granting permission, I get up and make my way to hallway. I bet some of my classmates are wondering what two guys are going to the bathroom at the same time for. Yet, if we were girls, it would practically be expected.

How typically sexist.

As I stroll down the corridor I feel jittery, nervous. I wish I was like Seth. He’s so sure of everything, so confident. Everything seems to come easily to him. He can do anything, because he thinks he can.

I bet he’d even tell his parents about us – if they weren’t as homophobic, I mean. Knowing how they feel about gays, they’d probably disown him.

It’s not that they’re not nice people, they are, it’s just that they despise gays. Completely and utterly. They’re also pretty religious, so they might just send him to one of those “Straight is Great” camps, where they try to convince LGBT people that they’re just sick, then try to brainwash them into “changing”. Hell, I might end up being sent to one.

And getting mind-f*cked by Jesus-freaks is so not on my bucket-list.

Still, sometimes I just want to point Seth out to some randomer and say, “See that streak of tall, dark and lickable over there? That’s my boyfriend.” I wouldn’t really care how they felt about it (although envious would be nice), I just want to tell someone.

Who knows? Maybe we wouldn’t get teased by the girls, or have the sh*t kicked out of us by the guys. Maybe they’d be happy for us.

Yeah, I can see that happening.

(I can’t actually, I just like messing with your mind).

When I walk into the bathroom, Seth’s leaning against the sinks, examining his nails.

Which I would say is weird, but I mean, he is gay.

“Hey.” He smiles

“Hey.”

And then we make out.

.

.

.

“Mr. Mathews, care to explain why it took you twenty minutes to go to the bathroom?” McHenry actually taps her foot as she awaits my reply.

“I don’t think you want to know.” It should probably be embarrassing to have people thinking that I take so long on the toilet (or that I was masturbating in there), but all I have to do to make it all better is think back to Toby’s grin when he told me that he’d “been waiting to do this all day.”

Good times.

I can see Toby’s face as I slide into my seat. It’s turning a peculiar shade of purple and he appears to be trying to make like the Titanic, sinking lower and lower into his desk, almost as if he’s trying to hide under his desk.

Huh. Forgot how bashful he is. It’s difficult not to chuckle at his discomfort.

Not that this is funny. Because it’s not.

Ahem.

But still. I don’t want to intentionally annoy him. Not right now anyway. Maybe later. So I apologise to the teacher. She’s nice anyway.

I risk a quick glance at Toby just in time to see him mouth, “Thanks”. When I wink at him in reply, his face goes tomato-red.

What a colourful boyfriend I have.