Contents

Maeve's Child

Dissatisfied they are unable to eat the mortal Maeve has adopted, the faerie hunt for alternative prey, but Robin is insistent and learns what it means to cross their queen. Contains graphic violence including brief vampirism and cannibalism

[Previously published: "Maeve's Child" Life in the Dark October 1993; "Maeve's Child"; Lost Worlds September 1996.]

From One Beast to Another

Psyche has been wed to Eros for nearly two millennia and she's perfectly content every day. When the call of The Romantics brings her to an English manor, where an archer as skilled as her husband dwells, Psyche decides she wants something different. Contains brief violence, vampire-related blood, and scenes of bondage and sexuality.

The Looking Glass

NYPD Detective Daniel Kelly investigates a cluster of suicides. As his work starts to take its toll on his home life, Kelly begins to piece together a connection between the deaths, and faces his own personal demons. Contains graphic descriptions of homicide and suicide crime scenes, depicts one suicide and references others.

Last Sunrise (WIP)

Steven takes his ailing mother from hospice care for one last outing. Contains themes and references relating to 1980s era AIDS crisis.

From Limbo Straight to Seventh Street

News writer Jericho Heath is a completely ordinary New Yorker until she gets hit by a taxi.

Black Friday

On the 100th anniversary of his death, Julien wakes to find a stranger next to him.

An Introduction to Trepidation

Trepidation scares people, even himself, until he meets someone able to show him his soul.

The Deflowering of the Strange Orchid

In homage to past horror stories, [The Flowering of the Strange Orchid (Wells 1905) and The Purple Terror (White 1899)], an account from the point-of-view of a botanical vampire. Contains eroticized sentient flower, references to past torment and vampire-related violence.

Invasive Species

The year is 2297. On the eve of a total lunar eclipse, an aging moon-based server farm goes dark. A pair of retired soldiers are conscripted to supply parts and technical crew. If they don't restore service, viewing parties won't be streamed and their small commune will lose vital clients.