Chapter 18

The Saviors been scavenging around places to take care of Claimers and now it lead to Pittsburgh. It's been months, a spring season so there was no problems traveling in snow. Negan was so agitated on finding them before the fuckers move out. He prepared on his teams; the RK's won't go from the experience except Mal, and he understands it. Mal had been in war like this, hell, she told him she led one for a couple of months and attacked it when everything was planned, and she was, what? Fourteen at the time? He was beyond shocked, he knew she was a serial killer but damn, that was brilliant and badass.

The RK's stayed in the Sanctuary for a while, getting comfortable in the community. People had some gentle encouragement from the Saviors, accepting them as a group. He took them to the bedroom Mal had. Lugh kept talking to Alec, which Negan tries to sneak a peek on when their sexual tension will happen, maybe like to join for giggles, while the others and Mal always stuck with the kids; Mal was keen to never share the close quarters of the room with anyone but them.

There were the nights they spent alone, out on the stairwell close to Negan's quarters. It went unspoken between them, but a pattern developed where, no matter what stairs they'd been in during the day, he and Mal always ended up in the same one at night. Mal's nightmares were still reoccurring- she woke up less violently now, and only once did Negan catch a glimpse of tears shining, unshed, in her eyes, but they still came. And when Mal woke up, Negan talked to her. At first, he tried to ask about the dreams, thinking that maybe Mal would want to just word-vomit it all out, but when those questions were dodged, they just talked. And when Mal had calmed down enough, she would drift back off to her room.

Maybe it was coincidental, but Negan swore that the girl slept more peacefully the second time around. It was selfish, in part, that desire to think that his presence was helping in some way. And in another way, it was wholly unselfish. There was something inside of Negan- some fierce, righteously protective part of him that he hadn't even known existed- that burned a little when he saw Mal's chest heaving with the panicked breaths that followed the nightmares. And that part of Negan screamed, rabid and furious, how dare anyone do that to another human being.

Deeper down, there was something else. Something neither selfish or selfless, just bewilderingly specific, that growled, how dare anyone do that to Mal. How dare anyone make her look so terrified, make her feel so small, make those tears well up in what should be clear eyes. How dare anyone touch her.

-:-:-:-:-

Negan sat on the chair, rubbing some oil on Ellie in a sexual way that made his people in the long metal table confused and embarrassed. The RK's weren't getting the idea yet Mal rolled her eyes. They were at the higher level, the five floor where the meeting taken place. His armed men; Bud, Rachael, Dwayne, Michone, Clinton, and Sheree were discussing and giving advises on what's happening tomorrow once they leave, packing every fuel they have, food they need to eat for a bit, and Clinton giving opinions of short cuts towards Pittsburgh, where there are herds to avoid, and pit stops.

Dwayne gets up and Negan asks where he's going. He replied for a smoke and going to bring more ammunition. He grinned and waved him off. He liked how Dwayne become so obedient after what Negan had done; made his hot smoking ex-wife his wife, had his face in the iron, and is a lap dog. Although, he did pity the man of the woman who clearly cheated and gave up on him just to be Negan's wife. Classy, he grinned.

"I plan that we bring your own guns, a sniper rifle for sure. Me and Vix build smoke bombs for hiding," said Sheree, earning a soft smile from Vix. "I suggest we should think about the routes we can attack. Their main area is in the neighbourhood, but the city is ruined and may be a good place to use as an advantage for sniping a few Claimers."