twenty two

"Can I kidnap Kendall for a while? " I asked the guard as I stood outside waiting for Kendall to finish packing up and removing her make up. The guard then look over at his wrist watch to check the time which is pretty late

"Please call me if there's anything you need or there's a problem" he says making me smile and nod. I thanked him and he lend me the car keys of the range rover.

A couple more minutes passed when Kendall went out wearing a leggings and sweatshirt on with her hair down and her make up gone. She looks better this way for me.

"Ready? " I asked as she nods at me. I take her bag as we walk towards the elevator down the parking lot. I put her bag on the back seat while I let her climb up the passenger seat. Once we're both settled inside I grab my phone and connect it on the car speakers and made sure it's on a medium volume so that it won't be that loud and not too low. It then started playing some songs from Lany which suits the quiet atmosphere at this time. I drove out of the parking lot seeing less people walking around making me smile. I took a glimpse of Kendall and saw her looking at the window comfortably. I rolled her windows down making the cold air hit her face.

"Better? " I asked as she look over at me for a second before looking back with a smile on her face

"I didn't know, late nights can be this fun without even doing anything yet" she says chuckling. I kept driving out of the city towards this diner I know which is open 24 hours. Once we reached the diner I saw no one inside.

"You're lucky" I said making Kendall chuckle as she jump out of the car and I silently walk behind her. She pushed the door open as I walk inside as well seeing some of the people I've seen a couple of times already.

"Katherine" they greeted making me smile

"Hi William, this is Kendall" I said not popping out her surname to make her feel that she's here as a normal person. I know William and his wife knows her too well but whenever I bring people like Emma in here I wanted them to feel that they're just a normal person who'll be eating with their friend. William and Lulu are those kind of people who doesn't care about someone's fame even though they knew everything.

I walk towards a table and let Kendall sit infront of me when Lulu walk towards us placing the menu infront of us

"I thought you brought Emma with you. You have a new friend huh? " the old woman says making me smile

"Emma has been busy lately and Kendall is a friend accidentally " I said looking up at her " but I don't even regret it" I said smiling. I ordered some Burger with mushrooms and bacon while Kendall settle for their best selling cheeseburger and we both ordered chocolate milkshake

"Is it safe? " she asks when Lulu walks away to get our order

"What? " I ask looking at the couple on the counter

"You just told her a hint about us being married accidentally " she says sounding a bit unease about it

"Lulu is like a mother to Kelsey and I and everything's safe with the both of them. They treat everyone equally whether you're known or not. " I said making her nod

"She did treat me like an ordinary person sitting with you like I'm not really a big deal. I mean, that's a great thing" she says making me smile

"Cause you're still Kendall, you're a normal person. It's just that a lot more people know you than us. " I said and I can't be wrong cause I saw that red tint on her cheeks making me smile even more.

"You really do know what to say everytime" she says smiling when our foods arrived

"Enjoy ladies" Lulu says as we both nod.

"I'll assure you that, that will be the best Burger you've ever tried. I'm not saying this just because I know Lulu" I said making her chuckle as we started eating while talking to one another about our childhood days.

Late night dinner on a simple diner with someone. Talking about your childhood memories with just eating and feeling how intimate the moment is. This is a perfect moment, if this isn't.. I don't know what is.

We didn't know the time passed by quickly as we finished everything, from the talking to the eating. Kendall paid, I don't want her to but I just wanted her to feel better for dragging me in her busy day which I really don't mind as long as I can watch her do the thing she loves.

We walk towards the car with my hands on my pocket and Kendall's arms are crossed infront of her chest while walking. We're not holding each other's hands but I don't know why walking this close to Kendall makes the atmosphere really intimate. Everything's just intimate. Fuck cliché stuffs but those kind of stuffs are sometimes the sweetest.

I open up the door for her before I climb up at the driver seat. I didn't bother playing some music since the silence is just enough. I drove back to her apartment and stopped with just the both of us sitting on her car.

After a couple of seconds I was about to speak out when she did.

"Stay the night" she says making me look over at her

"What? "

"Stay the night" she repeated

"It's fine, I can just call an uber. " I said

"Katherine" she says lowly but with authority

"I wouldn't win, can't I? "

"Nope" she says smiling genuinely while going out of the car which I end up following.