IMAGINE: Newt taking care of you

| IMAGINE for a Wattpad user |

You're laying in the fetal position on your bed, buried beneath a mountain of blankets, when a soft knock sounds on your door.

     "Hmm?" You say loudly, too tired to even talk.

     Newt, your boyfriend, opens the door slightly and pokes his head through. "Y/N?" He asks softly.

     You prop yourself up on your elbow and finger-comb your messy hair, embarrassed. "Newt! What are you doing here?" You gasp, flushing.

      "Your mom let me in. I haven't heard from you in a few days and I wanted to come check on you to make sure you're okay." He answers, stepping inside the bedroom, his eyes filled with concern.

      You sigh and sit up. "In all honesty, Newt, I haven't been feeling too well. I don't know what's wrong with me but I have this monstrous headache and stomachache. I haven't let my bedroom for the past few days."

      Newt sits beside you and holds your hand. "Y/N, you should have called me. I would have helped you get better."

     "No, no, I don't want to bother you with this. It's not that big of a deal. You have more important stuff to worry about." You try to laugh it off but a sharp pain in your stomach causes you to gasp and clutch your stomach.

      "Y/N?" Newt asks worriedly, his hand on your arm.

     "I'm fine." You choke out.

      "No, you're obviously not fine. You're in a lot of pain. It's etched onto your face." Newt frowns deeply. He puts a hand on your shoulder. "Y/N, you have to rest, okay?" He gently help you back down and you bite your lip to keep from crying out. He stares at you, his eyebrows furrowed with concern. "Did your mother send for the doctor?"

      You shake your head. "She doesn't really know the extent of my pain. She's so busy with my younger siblings. I-I don't want her worrying about me."

     Newt shakes his head at you. "You're playing a dangerous game, Y/N. Something could seriously be wrong with you."

      You wave a hand in the air. "Nonsense. It's probably just something I ate. I'm—"

     "Fine." Newt finishes for you, raising an eyebrow.

     You smile at him. "You know me too well."

     "I'd like to know you for a lot longer."

     "Newt, this is nothing serious! I'm okay, really. I'll be up and joining you on your adventures before you know it." You smile at him.

     He doesn't look convinced. "Well, if you're so stubborn that this is nothing, then I'm staying here to make sure you get better." He states, hands on his hips.

     "Newt, no, this is ridiculous. You have so many other better things you could be doing!" You exclaim.

      He leans forward and kisses your lips, smiling. "Yeah, but this is what I'd rather be doing." He whispers.

———

Newt runs to the store and gets you medicine. After he all but forces you to take it, he lays in bed with you. He strokes your forehead. "Any better, Y/N?" He asks softly.

     "Mhmm." You smile, your eyes closed.

    "Good." You can hear the smile in Newt's voice.

    "I should be sick all of the time." You chuckle.

     "Don't you dare. I need you healthy and well."

    "I sure do like this forehead stroking though." You sigh.

     "Then I'll give it to you whenever you want it, Y/N, regardless of whether you're sick or not."

     "Thanks." You smile and cuddle closer to him. You cry at as a sharp pain stabs your stomach.

     "Y/N, are you okay?" Newt asks worriedly, pulling back to look at you.

     You stare at him, grimacing. "It just hurts." You breathe.

     He looks at you sadly. "I'm sorry. I wish I could take your pain away." He whispers, putting his hand on your stomach.

     "You being here with me helps." You murmur, the pain easing slightly. Newt rubs your stomach and you rest your head on his shoulder. "Thank you, Newt. For always taking care of me and looking out for me." You whisper.

     "Of course, Y/N. I love keeping you safe and making sure you're okay." He whispers back.

     You look at him and cup his cheek with your hand. "You really are the best boyfriend I've ever had."

     His eyebrows draw quizzically. "Aren't I the only boyfriend you've ever had?"

     "I rest my case." You grin.

     Newt laughs and kisses you softly. "I love you, Y/N." He whispers.

     You close your eyes and sigh. "I love you too."
[THE END] I hope you liked it!