REFLECTION IN FRAGMENTS

I am not born a writer, a frustrated one, perhaps. I am a reader just like you. I love happy endings and always envision myself as the one who’s in the shoe of the leading lady being saved by her prince from loneliness, and of course, they fell in love and they lived happily ever after, what else could be more ideal than that, right?

A hopeless romantic, that’s what I am. I am a big fan of Cupid and Psyche. And I had hoped for the time that one guy would sweep me of my feet, just like every girl's dream. And then one day, unexpectedly, he came. He was not a knight in shining armor, he's too far from that. But he was my knight in shining pen.

Please bear with me for some mistakes on the rhyming and syllabications. As I’ve said, I am not a writer, nor a poet. But it is only human nature that whenever we feel extreme emotions like happiness or pain, love or anger, you can do things you never dared to try before, and in my case, that is writing.

Allow me to take you and reflect on the fragments of a love story that went wrong. It felt so right at first, but with just a blink of an eye, everything has changed… Let's go back to the days when I was his, and he was mine, from Day 1 when I learned of his existence up to this day that he's no longer around and nothing's left but a broken heart...

-Kitti-