Chapter 3

It was time for the festival and when it’s time for the festival it’s basically a war zone between all sports clubs except the track team. *sighs* Because of this I had to film this too, and I wasn’t allowed to participate because there were enough people for the baton race.

            The race was about to start and I was readying my camera at the track in front of me. BOOM! The gun went off and all runners ran for their lives literally. Then you see Haru running gracefully; I just face palmed myself when I saw this. However, with a little bit of encouragement from Makoto, Haru passed it gracefully to him. Makoto being Makoto he sped through the crowd like superman and passed it on to Nagisa. However, during the transition Nagisa missed Makoto’s pass but still caught up. Nagisa running his best passed it to Rei who ran like the wind through the crowd up to first place.

            We thought that the festival was going to give us at least some members. I talked to the ones who wanted to sign up before but, they all joined other clubs. Instead, we ignored the fact that we didn’t have any new members but focused on the prefecture tournament instead.

            As Makoto was talking, Haru decided to wander off into the pool first and not listen. However, being an okaa-san Makoto was he stopped Haru from going into the pool while continue rambling on. Makoto brought up wanting to do something different before he graduates from Iwatobi. Suggestions and thoughts were given in the conversation as well as laughter and happiness. When we asked Haru he just replied with a simple,

            Haru: I only swim freestyle…and relays.

            We all just giggled at his response and started training hard for the upcoming prefectures well, at least I did. After some encouragement from Nagisa, Rei managed to force himself once again to perform the three swimming strokes. However, once again he failed trying to do it, which upset him.

            Haru: Rei, you don’t have to force yourself to swim something different. As long as you have one swimming style of your own, that’s enough, isn’t it?

            Rei just looks at him in surprise and that was the end of our practice.

            For some reason, Rei has been showing up late and also, Haru finally started talking about what was bothering him. It was him again. I can’t believe him, showing up his face here in this neighbourhood again; that bastard.

            Gou: Ne, ne, Shiro-senpai?

            Me: What is it Gou?

            Gou: Why, when we were at the Grand Opening event of Iwatobi SC Returns you acted so rude to Sousuke-kun?

            Me: It’s something in the past you might’ve not known about, right before Rin went to Australia. Sousuke or Rin might have kept it from you.

            Gou: Kept what?

            Me: *sighs* Weeks before Rin moved away, Rin invited me to go hang out with him and friends from his previous school. With the exception of having Haru there, I went with him. I met Sousuke, who seemed like a really nice guy at first…until obviously when both Rin and I were joking about something Rin did and as I joke I made fun of him back...Sousuke got offended. Even after I apologized, he pushed me down and tried to attack me in any way possible. I didn’t know what to do, I was frightened… until obviously Haru and Rin stopped him. Haru brought me back home and that was it. I’m still afraid of meeting new people each day because of him.