Chapter 8

"Thank you" I managed still in shock. If not for Randy I don't know what would have become of me. He had threatened Ryan and he seemed to have gotten the message. We were now seated in what I supposed was Randy's car.

It was already late and he offered to carry me home.

"It's okay. Who was that guy anyway?"

"Just some random guy. I never should have involved myself with him" I sighed "Thanks again." I gave him a weak smile and got down from the car to my hostel room not looking back.

I walked into my room and plopped on my bed too lazy to switch on the lights.

"Who was that guy?"

"Aaarrrrggggghhh!!!" I put my hand on my chest to steady my heart once I saw it was Marjella. "Jeez, you startled me"

"Haven't answered my question" She inquired. I looked at her sitting on her bed from where I was "Just some guy who saved my ass" I answered as I put on the lights

"He saved your ass and he is just some guy? I never get you" She snorted.

"Save your ass from what anyway?"

"From some random guy, he was hurting me and I'm pretty sure he was going to kill me" I shivered as I relived the memory.

"What guy"

"What's with the questions?"

"I care...what guy?"

"A guy in the drama department. His name's Ryan" I watched as Marj's face switched from curious to shocked

"What? Did something happen? Do you know Ryan...?" Silence.

"Marj, talk to me"

She finally opened her mouth to speak "Stay away from Ryan. He is bad news"

"What?" With that said she pulled her covers and went to sleep.

"You can't just tell me that and expect me to be alright. Who is he?" Oh well.

I know he wasn't good news but hearing Marj say that made me more frightened. Was he a serial killer? That's absurd. But she knows him, why don't I?

I'm going to find out who this guy really  is.

"Don't forget our girl's night" Marj warned  and went back to sleep.

      *                       *                         *

  "Where's his hostel?" I asked Ryan's shaggy friend. I believe his name was Fred since I heard someone call him that. I see Fred from time to time since the booth incident so it was easy to locate him.

"Why should I tell you that?" Came his gruff voice.

"He forgot his stuff with me and he needs them today so I have to find him" I lied. Fred eyed me suspiciously. Doesn't look like he was going to tell me anytime soon.

"At least tell me where his hostel is" I added.

"He doesn't stay in the hostel" I totally forgot. He stays off campus but I can't remember how to get there.

"Okay. Can u give me the address?" I pleaded. This guy might look tough on the outside but he wasn't on the inside and soon enough I was headed to Ryan's home with the address.

Once the house was in sight, I started having second thoughts. Was going to his house going to make me find out who he was?

I can't go back. I haven't come this far to stop now.

I paid for the taxi and came down then I noticed someone familiar come out of  Ryan's house. It wasn't Ryan. It was...

"Melissa? What are you doing here?"