Guarded.

Andrew:

First day on the job taking care of the nineteen year old girl. The Masons hired me to look after their daughter, easy enough. I don't see why she needs looking after, she is an adult after all. I believe the only reason they hired me is to make sure they can always keep an eye on her.

I met up with the girl at her front door, as instructed.

"Hello ma'am. My name is Andrew Hudson, your new bodyguard."

The girl scrunched up her face in disgust. I have to say, it wasn't at all flattering.

"You don't have to be here you know. I can take care of myself."

I was shocked at the musical quality to her voice, especially with the nasty tone she used. Oh boy, this was going to be a long day.

"I have no doubt that you can, Ms. Mason, but it is my job to look after you. I promise I will only interfere if danger arises."

With another look of disgust, she grabbed her purse.

"Fine, but to make things clear, it's Valerie. Not 'Ms. Mason.' Got it? Good, we're going to the mall."

I let her into the car and started the engine. Some forty minutes later, we arrived at Clearview mall, where she met up with a group of girls. Valerie walked briskly, trying to forget I was there or leave me in her dust no doubt. I didn't mind. I preferred to stay ten feet back anyway, give her space. After all, I was only hired as a precaution, not a necessity.

Hours later we were done at the mall, and headed back to her place, many bags at hand. Not a word was spoken between us since I picked her up that morning. It didn't appear that there would be any more words either, because she slammed the door as soon as she was inside. She had a security system, so I didn't need to stay the night.

I called her father to inform him of the day's happenings, and with his blessing I left.

I arrived at Valerie's house at 9am sharp the next morning. Knocking on her door, I waited for her. She didn't answer. I knocked again, still no answer. I walked in the house, dead silent. She wasn't here.

Valerie:

I awoke to an odd noise in my house. My house wasn't anything special, not big or anything, but my parents did have a security system set up for me.

Crash. Somebody was definitely in my house. It couldn't be, the security company would have called me about the silent alarm being tripped. I waited. No call. Carefully, I got out of bed to investigate.

If they broke my computer I swear to god...

At the end of the hall, I froze. There was a man cloaked in shadow standing in my living room. He was watching me, he had been waiting for me. Instantly, I turned around to run, but he was faster than me. I had barely made it halfway back down the hallway when he caught up to me. Before I could even scream, he had a bag over my head, and I was being dragged out of my house.

Andrew:

I decided to investigate a bit more. The window on her back door had been broken, and a table was knocked over in the living room. I decided to call her father about the situation. Surely she wasn't in danger, surely she just did this as a distraction so she could be alone.

Her father was quite angry, he didn't know she was gone. He would have known if she had been taken, the silent alarm would have been tripped. After some shouting about my incompetence, he instructed me to find Valerie and deliver her to him. Meanwhile, he would contact the security company and inquire as to why there had been no alarm.