13. norbert

     NOTHING ELSE REALLY CHANGED

NOTHING ELSE REALLY CHANGED. Quirrell had grown paler and thinner than usual, meaning he hadn't cracked yet. Harry, Ron, Hermione and Harper always made sure to walk past the hidden door to hear Fluffy growling. Snape was still grumpy which meant the stone was still safe.

With the exams coming closer and closer, Hermione had started drawing a study schedules and colour coding all of her notes. Harper copied her. Though the stone might be in danger, she still wanted good grades.

However, nagging the boys to do the same wasn't Hermione's smartest plan.

"Hermione, the exams are ages away!" Harry exclaimed.

"Ten weeks!" Hermione snapped.

"I'm ready!" Ron boasted and Harper rolled her eyes.

"Alright then," Hermione began. "What are the three most crucial ingredients in a Forgetfulness Potion?"

Ron looked irritated and defeated at the same time. "I forgot."

"And may I ask what you will do if this comes up in an exam?" Hermione asked snobbishly.

"Copy of you!"

"No you won't," Hermione snapped angrily. "Besides, I've heard that Professor McGonagall will be giving us special quills with an anti-cheating spell."

"That's insulting!" Ron exclaimed. "It's like they don't even trust us!"

Harper shook her head, smiling, as she opened one of her books. They were currently doing their homework in the library. The teachers had given them a workload for the Easter Holidays, so this holiday wasn't near as fun as the Christmas holiday had been.

"Hagrid!" Ron exclaimed and Harper's head snapped up. "What are you doing in the library?"

Hagrid shuffled towards them and Harper could tell he was hiding something behind his back. Suspicious.

"Jus' looking," he replied. "An' what're you lot up ter? Yer not still lookin' for Nicolas Flamel, are yeh?"

"Nah," Harper replied. "We have found out about him ages ago."