10

Days saw Elena move in an apartment in the French Quarter, just a block away from 'The Blue Bell'. She continued her job at the Mikaelson Mansion as the house manager only. She would arrive at 9 in the morning, as Elijah would leave for office and leave at 5 in the afternoon, just before he would arrive home. And though they didn't see each other anymore and all was communicated through Keelin Moses, Elijah's office P. A., Elijah was not far from Elena's mind, nor was Elena far from his.

Now that she was not physically close to him, she felt him close in so many other ways. The house was the most obvious thing. Everytime she entered the kitchen, and sat on the sofa to have coffee at her break, she felt his kisses, his touch, him loving her, as if he had done just a night before.

She couldn't stop thinking about him. How did he get into her heart so quickly. There was no plausible explanation. What moment, what hour, time of day or night did it happen. She could bot answer it. Exhibiting pain that she didn't know why. They only gad this one sexual encounter. They never had any other personal conversation, let alone a date. And yet, her heart was stuck on him. Pains are caused by opening your heart so easily and casually. She thought.

And there you are, alone, feeling heartbroken. So silly. He has no feelings for you. This was just sex, Elena. So, stop daydreaming about him, coating everything in a romantic fluffy cloud. Then the memories with him spill out of her mind again. This love is so hopeless. If it is love. Just your wishful thinking, Elena. And it is so hurtful. There is never going to bw anything.

On the phone to Bonnie later, she told her best friend fibally that she had slept with Elijah.

"OMG! How - what? And - what now?"

"We - kind of draw the line over it - like mature adults- it happened and - yeah,"  Elena sighed pausing,"I don't how it hit me - so hard-"

"Tell me you lost your job?"

"No. But I was so ready to leave- but - I stayed- not because of the job- but because of Hope, his niece. I told you about her."

"Yes. Oh, Elena - but - things must be beyond awkward now?" Bonnie said.

"Well, I don't see him at all, now. I just do the work at the house. Well, all of it is done by different services they contracted. But- I can't stop thinking about him."

"But you - ok-Was it that good?This doesn't make sense. You hooked up with guys before - and you never-"

Elena drew a deep breath,"It was more than that good. It was not just the sex - it's the way he held me afterwards, so close to him. He stroke my arm so gently, brushed my hair with his fingers like - I can't explain. It was like- this was more. Ugh! And then he got up, and it was like he switched off- like- I am going over and over it in my mind - because he looked at me like - I shouldn't have done it, but in a way that - you know, when I guy is with someone else and things happen, and he is guilty, but still you can see that there was this something- and he is - was- I don't know with this woman- he hooks up regularly wirh- Oh God! What is wrong with me?! Even Jefferson said that he doesn't have anyone serious, so why would he want anything with me?!!"

"Stop beating yourself up, Lena! Ok, things happened and - yeah- you got a classic case of falling for someone like you were moonstruck, but - it will go away." - Bonnie said-"It's goid that you've moved out."

"Yeah, you are right. Ok - enough about this." Elena said."So what's up with you guys?"

"Ok - are you ready?"

"Ready- for what?" Elena tilted her head curiously.

"I - think I am pregnant?!"

"What? OMG! This is great." the brunette squeeled happily.