Travel

Cheyenne, Wyoming
Blake pulled the car up into the rental agency, unhitching the car. Duke stood by her protectively, watching the strangers walk by, curious at the woman mechanic.

"You must be Blake," the woman asked. "I'm Mia, Wyoming Travel, thank you so much for bringing back the car."

"No problem," Blake smiled, "I just wanted to know of your last mechanic who worked on this car ma'am."

"Oh, our sheet is up inside the shop. Come along," the woman nodded, giving Blake a look down. She still wore her work overall's tied at her waist, dirty flannel shirt and old boots, why else would the woman stare?

The shop was not far, there were a lot of men working, glancing at the newcomer entering with who would be their boss. Walking to the wall, Mia grabbed the clipboard, examining the names.

"Jaime Douglas. Why?"

"How long he been workin' here?"

"Why?"

"Because he's not a mechanic. Next time, check your credentials. Who worked before him?"

"I did," a man stepped out of his stall, cleaning his dirty hands. "You talking about that car out there? I worked on it about two weeks ago until Jaime worked here. Why?"

It couldn't be, that paper had not been exposed to the windshield washer for very long, it had to be recent. Someone had to put that in there for a reason and they even siphoned the windshield washer.

"No, not you. Do you mind if I use your restroom," Blake asked. "Thank you!"

Using that, Blake made her way into the woman's office, running through the surveillance footage from two days ago. She kept sight of the rented car until she saw someone, not Jaime, lean under the hood of the car. That was who she was looking for.

Smirking, Blake pulled her memory stick out of the USB Drive, walking into the bathroom, just to throw everyone else.

"Thank you," Blake smiled as she left the premises. Duke wagged his tail as Blake fiddled with the stick. She needed to get to her truck where she carried Ian's laptop. Blake had a habit of borrowing it since he, being the tech wiz he was, always had the latest kinks on it. Facial recognition was Blake's idea so he did it himself, trying to prove Blake wrong about her statement that there was no possible way to create a program like that. "Will you look at that?"

She clicked on the man's face as his list of criminal record. She whistled reading it out loud to her dog, since he was the only one there at the moment. It was usual for her to talk to Duke as if he were human, she even stated he understood whatever she spoke to him.

"No- name," she asked. "Are you kidding me?!"

Clicking again, the man's name did not appear. Someone forgot to update it! With no internet to update the laptop, she slammed it shut, resting her thumbnail between her teeth. What else could she possibly do?

Blake sat alone at Starbucks, glancing over the rim of her laptop. Sitting in a secluded corner, she had everyone in sight right in front of her. The update was almost complete when one police car pulled up out front of the place. Cocking her head, Blake observed the police officer's coming out of the car, one walking around Blake's tow truck. Duke stood up, sensing strange danger approaching.

"Come on," she angrily gritted, clicking on the man's face. "Albert Reynolds- and that's our cue."

The police officer's entered as Blake walked out the second entrance, running for the tow truck. Looks like that lady didn't exactly find Blake very honest, sending the police on her. That or she found out that the redhead stole security footage.

Backing the truck up, she fled out of there in under a second, with the police officer's realizing that she had left. On her way back to the airport, Blake dialed Maeve on speed dial.

"Hey! What are you up to?"

"Maeve! I need you to find out where Albert Reynolds works at."

"Whoa. Okay? What's the rush?"

"Just do it," she saw the sirens flashing behind her. Duke whined impatiently, looking back at the colorful lights. She could hear Maeve typing on the computer as quickly as she could before she responded.

"London Dock Yards, works as a crane operator."

"Thank you! I got to go," Blake jerked a left, hearing the clanking of metal in the back of the tow truck. She hung up, driving rapidly through the busy airport, cutting and and out of traffic with ease until she went for the multi-floored parking lots. Taking it up for the fifth level, she emptied everything out, pulling out her emergency backpacks from under her seat cushion, checking at her passport. Grabbing her sketchbook, she shut the tow truck, whistling for Duke to come as she whipped out his leash, tying his bandana to it. "Now boy, we are onto something."

Using the stairs, she made it to the second floor when the police cars were barely going up. Pulling at her red leather jacket, she made her way into the terminal.

It didn't take long for her to get a rushed airplane ticket to London but she managed one. It was easy carrying Duke around since he really was a service dog. Seated in the middle seat, Blake heard Duke whine under her but the man sitting next to her, gave her a look.

"Sorry," Blake winced. "He doesn't like flyin'."

Opening the sketchbook, she stared at both sheets of papers she found. She needed to find the other half of the paper, soon.

London Docks
The young man, stood at the docks looking up at the ship's names. He exhaled softly, tucking his chin deeper into his light sweater. It was warmer this time of year but by the ocean was a bit cooler.

"Oí," A man pointed. "You comin' or not?"

"Coming," The young man made his way back up the small hill, up to the waiting car. The older man sat at the driver's side, waiting for the younger man to enter. "I didn't make out anything, It makes no sense."

"You'll figure it out, you always do," the older man chuckled deeply. "You wouldn't be a freelance journalist if it weren't for it, Rowan Brantley."

Rowan Brantley's eyes smiled at his compliment. The older man was Rylan Kirk, he was more of a middle aged man. Smiling at the youngster who he considered his son, Rylan focused on the road ahead.

"So Mandidal's gold went completely missing missing and you found out that the gold being transported by his "close friend" the Captain, Victor Wallace? So what's the complicated part," Rylan glanced over at him rapidly, before looking back at the road.

"That ship was suppose to go straight. Somewhere in the Mediterranean but I picked up its radio frequency and out of no reason, they want to port here."

"When?"

"I-," Rowan thought of the best way to respond to the man without making it sound like a lie. "Don't know."

The drive back to the country estate was about an hour away but worth it. The silent countryside was something Rowan would never trade for the world, even though his life was fast paced.

"How you doing by the way," Rylan questioned, after their long drive in silence.

"I'm fine. Why?"

"You sure?"

"Yeah," Rowan laughed, making a fist to rest his cheek upon. "It was just a phase."

"I know but everyone needs a good friend," Rylan nodded.

"I have friends, good ones too."

"I understand that but they aren't here, they haven't called- I am sorry about that."

"It- it's not that. And I have kept communication with several, thank you for asking," Rowan shook his head. "I understand everyone is different, I love that about people. The diversity, it would just be nice to have someone who is on the same page as me."

"Rowan, the world can only take one you. Imagine if there is two of you, or even worse?!"

"Ha-ha very funny."