doce

Chapter completed: 1/4/19
Chapter published: 1/4/19
Chapter edited

Elyana

I watched as Melo got ready. "How long are you going to be gone?", I asked sadly.
The JBA team was preparing for their tour and I couldn't be more upset. I missed having Melo around when he was gone for practice. Imagine how much I'd miss him while he was in another continent.

"We probably won't be back until November", he sighs. I nod and feel tears come to my eyes. "Mamas. Don't cry", he hugged me.

"I don't want you to leave me", I sniffed. He pulled my head back and kissed my forehead. "I know mamas. Look on the bright side. I'll be back way before your due date. You can FaceTime me whenever you want and as long as I'm not in the middle of game, I'll drop whatever it is I'm doing and pick up", he kissed my lips.

I sighed and wiped my face. "Ok. I love you", I smiled small.

"I love you more mamas", he rubbed my baby bump kissing the side of my head.

"Ok. I'll keep you up to date on everything. My next appointment is two weeks from now", I let out a deep breath and put on a smile.

"Yeah? I'll be available for a FaceTime call", he smiled.

"Ok now finish packing. You know your dad is gonna spazz", I laugh. He shakes his head rolling his eyes.

"Man. Fuck that", he waves me off. I laugh and continue to help him out.

✍🏽

Three weeks later

It had been three weeks since Melos departure and I was thankful for Zo and Denise. They made sure I didn't feel alone whatsoever. Gina was amazing when it came to taking over for Melo. She slept over all the time and would do the midnight runs I needed her to do.

"Did you hear? Melo pimp slapped some dude", Gina laughed walking into the laundry room.

I raised an eyebrow looking at her. "What are you talking about?", I ask her. I knew Melo was a bit wild but not this wild.

"Yup. Some Lithuanian player or whatever tried to son him and Melo pimp slapped him", she explained handing me her phone. I watched the video and then scrolled through the comments. People were further explaining the situation and revealed that he was ejected from the game.

Oh my god. Lavar is gonna to eat him alive for this. I reached for my phone and FaceTimed him. Instead of Melo answering it was Gelo.

"Hey, G. I heard what happened. Is he there?", I asked hopefully. He looked away from the phone letting me know Melo was there. He just didn't wanna talk to me. "Give his ass the phone", I roll my eyes.

"What, mamas?", he covered his face with his arm.
"What happened? You know better than that", I ask with a sigh. He shrugs. "I'm tired of niggas thinking I'm soft. He put his hands on me so I returned it", he replied.

"You do know your dad is disappointed right? I mean c'mon Melo. This is your career we're talking about here. You gotta know that these things affect you", I stare at him. He nods.

"Can we drop it? Tell me about my babies", he removes his arm. I flip the camera and go stand in the mirror.

"They're 6 months going on 20", I laugh. My baby bump was out of this world. "It'll be back to regular size tomorrow, though. It's weird".