Papers

"Did you hear the news about Mr. and Mrs. Jeon?"

"No what happened?"

"I heard that Jungkook is planning on getting a divorce with her! This is my chance to get him."

"Really?!"

"Yes!"

I heard my co-workers gossiping as I walked pass by them in the halls. They looked at me in shock before quickly turning around, acting innocent. I rolled my eyes and walked towards my office before shutting the door. I sat down on my office chair that was placed behind my desk that had my computer and paperwork sitting on it.

My name is Soyeon, 22 years old, and I'm married to the biggest jerk in my country. We married at the age of 19, yes that early. We were deeply in love with each other but not anymore. Last year, he started acting strange, like he became more distant and cold with me. I thought it was because of work or that I wasn't good enough. But I found out that he's been having an affair. Cheating might be the perfect word.

After a while, I slowly started to lose feelings for him. As that was happening, I finally decided to confront him about the affair. He said that he doesn't care and to stop bothering him. That made me pissed off. So since then, I have been avoiding him and lost some of my feelings for him.

*knock* *knock*

My thoughts were interrupted by someone knocking at my door.

"Come in," I spoke.

One of my co-workers came in before handing me a packet full of papers.

"Mrs. Jeon," she started off but I cringed as I was called by that name.

"Mr. Jeon said to hand these to you. He hasn't told me what these papers are for but he said that it's important."

"Okay thank you. You may leave," I dismissed her and read the first page before I realized what it was.

It was divorce papers

I furrowed my eyebrows and saw he had already signed it.

I sighed and felt my heart ache a little. Does he really want a divorce? I'm not the one he loves anymore, right?

I started reading through the papers before a phone call interrupted me. I answered it to hear nothing but the voice I was trying to avoid.

"Did you get it?"

"What? The divorce papers?"

"Yes"

"Well then, yeah"

"Good. Sign it and bring it to my office when you're done"

"Why can't you get it yourself? I have work to finish"

"Don't talk back to me" he sharply spoke. "If I said to bring it, then bring it. Have you forgotten that I'm your boss?"

"Do you want me to finish the work that's for your company or not"

"I said to NOT TALK BACK TO ME!"

I flinched at his sudden burst and stayed quiet for some seconds.

"Fine..I'll bring it up soon"

He hung up the phone after hearing my response. I put the office phone down and rolled my eyes as I started signing and reading everything that I needed to.

•••••