Chapter Thirty-nine: The Spider Who Cried Wolf

Nobody would know what happened in that parking lot... except for Laura Hale, the survivor.  She laid bloody, broken, and actually genuinely afraid.  It took a lot to scare Laura, she hadn't felt fear as of recent until she found out about Cora being kidnapped by Adrian Harris, the Identity Thief.

She was so thrilled to have her brother back that not once did she consider why he looked so young... why he didn't have a good explanation of where he had been during the nights after he and Stiles got her out of Oscorp Tower.

Yet, when she saw those icy blue eyes that belonged to him step out of the shadows not unlike a predator taking its prey by surprise, Laura realized she was missing so much of the picture.  She only knew Derek had been taken to the Tower after the fire because the explosion had been so damaging.  They used his blood to create the Lycan serum which enhanced his abilities to where even though he was a Beta, he had the strength of an Alpha.  Laura couldn't stop Derek because of the serum that enhanced every aspect of the werewolf.

Laura didn't think she could stop him because of their bond, not when he was so ruthless in that state.  She was having trouble even taking a small breath due to deep cuts on her stomach from Derek's claws.

Cora didn't have a phone, and Laura only had one person she could call, so she did the only thing she could in this moment.  She called Stiles.

Tuesday, September 4

Standing upon the top of the Chrysler building on a perch, Stiles felt the wind rush through his hair while he adjusted his web shooters overlooking the skyline of Manhattan at night.

"Elasticity has to be correct, otherwise the web's just going to snap and I go splat.  Nothing to worry about Stiles, it's not like nobody knows you're a freaky Cross Species, Werespider, thing.  Yeah, I totally love days like today when I talk to myself and I decide to do something so stupid I might as well be considered suicidal, yay!" he squealed mocking himself as he set the web cartridge into place and took in a deep breath.

"Only going to have one shot at this, so I need to be extremely careful with what I do here."  He stepped onto the ledge of the gargoyle smiling.  It would be smarter to try this during the day, but if this was going to work the way he wanted to, he didn't want people seeing what he was doing.  Thankfully there was no need for him to make some half-baked explanation for why he was out of the house tonight... Stilinski was already passed out at home, having spent a wonderful night with Stiles.  Stiles had cooked some of the best food he had ever made as a way to apologize to his Dad for being such a pain lately.  He wanted to say that his Chicken Curry was to break the ice about his powers, but it never happened.  Stiles hadn't been able to say a single word to him about it and quite frankly Stiles was okay with it.  He didn't need his father knowing that he had powers to know he was extraordinary already.

So, Stiles stepped onto the very edge of the gargoyle, and aimed his arm not unlike that of a gun's barrel, and when he felt he found the right spot for the web to latch onto a building, he fired.  A long string of the material flew across the street, splattering onto the wall within a matter of a few seconds.

He felt the chills run down his spine, knowing how stupid this idea was, but something made him want to do this, to do something life threatening.  Stiles cracked his knuckles, looking at the utter height he was at.

Did he ever mention that he had a very slight fear of heights?  He had been up high before, and heck he even dived out of Oscorp Tower, twice... but he was full of adrenaline and he was more focused on something else.  Now, he was facing his mortality.  Something about that just gave him goosebumps.