This is mainly just Ned, that ball of golden sunshine.

'You got bit by a spider? Can it bite me? Well, it probably would've hurt, right? Whatever. Even if it did hurt, I'd let it bite me. Maybe. How much did it hurt?'

Peter turned his head, exasperated, 'The spider's dead, Ned.'

The talking distracted Peter and Ned from what was in front of them. Ahead was the crime scene that was Mr. Delmar's shop.

'You were here?'

Peter just nodded

'You could've died.... Do you lay eggs?'

'What? No!'

This barrage of questions continued throughout the day.

'Can you spit venom?'

'Can you summon an army of spiders?'

'How far can you shoot your webs?'

Peter at this stage was a little peeved at Ned. 'I don't know Ned. Shut up.'

'If I was you, I would stand on a building...and just shoot it as far as I could-.'

'Shut up, Ned.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They sat there on bleachers in P.E watching one of his Pops training videos he did earlier on in his career for a few quid. According to Steve, they paid for Tony's ring, which Steve now owned. Peter put his arms on his elbow and his head in his hands.

'Hi. I'm Captain America. Whether you're in the classroom or on the battlefield...'

Peter was internally begging for the disc to cut or something, god he missed Steve.

'Have you and your Pops met up after the whole thing?' Ned wasn't good at timing his questions.

'Yeah, we met' Peter tried to keep his voice steady. Breathe in, one two, breathe out, one two.

'...fitness can be the difference between success or failure.'

Ned finally registered what was going on. 'You ok?'

'Yeah. You know, I stole his shield.'

'What?'

'Today, my good friend, your gym teacher... ...will conduct the Captain America Fitness Challenge.'

And the tape ended. Peter's breath returned to somewhat regular and he rubbed his eyes a bit.

'Thank you, Captain. Pretty sure he's a war criminal, but I have to show these videos. It's required by the state. Let's do it.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our favourite dynamic duo flew through the exercises, well Peter did and Ned counted. Currently they were doing sit ups and a certain spidery individual was rather good at them.

'Do Avengers have to pay taxes? What does -'

'You have to shut up.'

'Hey, can I be your guy in the chair?'

'What?'

'Yeah. You know how there's a guy with a headset...telling the other guy where to go? If you're in a burning building, I could tell you where to go. There'd be screens around me, and I could swivel around. I could be your guy in the chair.'

'I don't need a guy in the chair.'

Their attention got taken by Liz, a smart, extremely attractive senior that Peter was crushing on, and had been crushing on for ages.

'Now, see, for me, it would be F Thor...marry Iron Man and kill Hulk.'

'Well, what about the Spider-Man?'

'It's just Spider-Man.'

'Did you see the bank security cam on YouTube? He fought off four guys.'

'Oh, my God, she's crushing on Spider-Man. No way. He's probably 30. You don't know what he looks like. Like, what if he's seriously burned?'

'I wouldn't care. I'd love him for the person he is inside.'

Right at that moment, Ned decided to pipe up. 'Peter knows Spider-Man.'

Peter's eyes have never felt like they could stab Ned more. 'No, I don't. No. I-- I mean-- '

'They're friends.'

Flash did one of those weird breathy I'm about to make fun of you laughs. 'Yeah, like Coach Wilson and Captain America are friends.'

'I've met him, yeah. A couple times. But it's... ...through the Stark internship. Yeah, well, I'm not really supposed to talk about it.' Peter swivelled towards Ned, his hands in a I'm going to choke you later manner.

'Well, that's awesome. Hey, you know what? Maybe you should invite him to Liz's party. Right?'

Liz nodded and quickly pulled her hair behind her ear. 'Yeah, I'm having people over tonight. You're more than welcome to come.'

Peter was a little gobsmacked he hadn't heard a whisper of this before. 'Having a party?'

'Yeah, it's gonna be dope. You should totally invite your personal friend Spider-Man.'

Liz was quick to deflect why she didn't invite Peter, 'It's okay. I know Peter's way too busy for parties anyway. so...'

'Come on. He'll be there. Right, Parker?'

And the bell saved Peter's very nice butt. He turned around to Ned, fuming. 'What are you doing?'

'Helping you out. Did you not hear her? Liz has a crush on you. Dude, you're an Avenger. If any one of us has a chance with a senior girl, it's you.'

Peter felt everything. Happiness and a sense of comfort his friend is looking out for him, sadness at his dad's video and anger at Ned for his Hey Peter knows Spider-Man thing.

Well, hopefully the party would be fun.