Chapter 2

It had taken 3 years before Jess had finally got over heartbreak fully, but she had been left with a scar. From this point forward, she would be afraid of rejection and would't ever ask someone out.
All Jess wanted was for a boy to date her. She wanted to fall in love. After all, that's what was happening with all of her friends. Granted, she was only 14, that was not going to stop her from getting what she wanted.
Over the next 2 months, Jess would use a few tests in order to find someone to like her, starting with her friend's new neighbor from Florida, Brady.
What was intriguing about Brady, was the fact that Jess had already developed a crush on him, even though she had only seen him through once, on facetime, in the 4 month span of knowing him. It took 3 out of the 4 months of knowing him before she finally got the guts to talk to him over the phone. After doing so, Jess found out that they shared the one same interest, the one requirement she had for dating someone, which was music. Unlike the last two boys Jess liked, Brady had a more classic taste in music. He liked what most people of this age wouldn't because of the time period that it was introduced into. The main reason Jess had liked Brady was because he reminded her of her father, who listened to the same type of music as Brady and Jess.
Really, the only bad part about Brady was the vibe he would give Jess anytime she was around him. Over the phone, he was her soulmate, but in person, he seemed like a perverted jerk. He looked at Jess in the ways that only a stalker would and it freaked her out.
What Jess couldn't ever figure out was the fact that she would get jealous when Brady was around other girls, but would get creeped out when he was around her.
Eventually, Jess could not take Brady anymore and she told him off the same was Robert did her. What she soon questioned was, did I creep out Robert the same way Brady did me?