II. Leading Acceptance

Warm orange rays peak through the window blinds resting along y/n's face, the gentle kisses of sunlight awakens her from her deep rest. As she groaned from getting up, she felt a pressure of pain on her left shoulder. She may have slept deep last night but it was not a pleasant aftermath on the her body. Her feet shifted to the floor and pushed up the rest of her body to stand and headed towards the kitchen fridge. She opens the refrigerator door to scavenge for some food and only found leftover Chinese boxes from who knows how long ago. It didn't bother her much that there was practically no food to eat, there was probably nothing that she could've made even if there was food.

Y/n heard a some shuffling movement within the room on the other side of the wall. 'Toni must be home.'
Y/n moved to the bedroom door. *Knock Knock*
"Hey Toni, you in there?"
Hearing past the hollow wooden door.
"Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm in here, give me a sec."
A second later the door swung open and Toni stood smiling. "Hey, sorry I was just getting ready. Did I wake you?"

"No you didn't, I was already up like five minutes ago. I didn't notice you come home last night."

"Well I tried not to wake you up, though you were pretty out. I'm surprised you even slept on that thing. You know you can sleep in here too, right? This is your house after all." Toni said.

"I didn't want to self intrude, I mean you pretty much made this your home since I left. It wouldn't be right if I just came back and all of a sudden things belong to me again. Aside from that. I'm starving, and we don't have food, I know that you may have school today so I was thinking maybe we could go to Pop's and have some breakfast before you have to go."
Y/n insisted as she began to fold her blankets.

"I am so sorry Y/n. I was actually planning on meeting up with Jughead instead." Toni stated awkwardly. Y/n paused for a second,
"Oh, I see." She smiled it off.
"Look I'm sorry I really am. I mean breakfast sounds amazing with you, but I'm also helping him out with the affiliation stuff."

"No, it's okay, I understand. I'll just see you later today then?" She just finished folding her blankets and pushed in the pullout.
"Yeah for sure." Toni grabbed her bag and the keys to her bike. Immediately after she stepped through the door she waving a goodbye and off she went.
A sigh released from Y/n's lips, placing her hands on her hips. 'Fantastic'

Later that morning Y/n sits among herself in a booth at Pop's, her head resting with in the palm of her hand.
"Y/n? Is that really you?" A voice was heard pulling her attention away from the view outside of the window. Than man standing at her booth had a bid warm smile upon his face. "Well I'll be darn. It really is you."

"Hello Pop" Y/n greeted.
"My you have grown. May I?" He gestured towards the booth seat across from Y/n requesting to sit.
"Of course no need to ask."
"How have you been?"
"Better than ever. How are you actually? You don't look a day older than when I left."
"You're very sweet. Business is of course business. Nothing new with me. But what about you, really? After you've been gone for quite sometime, why only now you choose to come back."

Y/n glanced down and smirked. "Well I couldn't stay away from your chocolate milkshakes forever."

Pop releases a joyful laugh. "Well if you excuse me I shouldn't keep you waiting on that milkshake, on the house."
"Oh! No, you don't have to."
"Please. Consider it as a welcome back gift." He got up from the booth.
"Thank you pop."
"My pleasure Y/n. Good to see you again."
He returned behind the counter and into the kitchen.
'Thank god this place is still around'

Afterwards, at the Whyte Wyrm. Y/n was conversing with Tall Boy over the counter by the bar. "So what's your plan.?"
He asked.
"It's only been a day and you expect me to have a playbook already?" She quirked a brow. He only shrugged.
"God, I don't know if I can."
"Why not Y/n?"
"Why so, huh Tall Boy? I come back for a day and you want me to basically run the den. What makes you think I have any right to do that. Just because I was a right hand to FP doesn't mean I can just take his place after being gone for seven years."
Y/n paused and looked around for anyone listening.
"-If anything, why don't you do it?"
"It's not for me."
"Do you just push it all into someone else's lap?"
"Look you won't be alone. I'll help you, you have more leasing capabilities more than anyone. More than me. Like you said, you'd be dammed if we fell out."
Remembering the words she said, admittedly she nodded her head. "Fine, I'll do it. What's the rush anyway?"
"FP's kid. Don't get the wrong idea, I have nothing against him but he's trying to to get affiliated. If and by then he does, he'll try to run this place."