09

THE NEXT DAY THE GROUP CONTINUED TO WANDER THROUGH THE SCORCH. The sun was blaring in the sky, burning the skin of the subjects. Their water resources got very low meanwhile their first got higher. Every step was torture for Thea, her feet were hurting constantly. She just hoped that they will arrive soon, but she knew it would take some time.

A fewer times, her eyes closed as sleep trying to overtake her, she was exhausted. Her throat was dry, making Thea felt like if she started to talk, her voice would crack with each word. Finally, nighttime came in and the group slept again. The whole day was boring as nobody really spoke, they just walked, took a break and walked.

Thea slept calmly and peaceful until she got woken up. She opened her eyes to see Newt standing in front of her, "Thea! Come on." he told her. Her eyebrows furrowed together as she realised that it was still night time, "W-what?" "You see that? It's lights." explained Thomas loudly. Now it actually made sense why they were woken up in the middle of the night.

Thea stood up slowly and rubbed her eyes to wake up. A loud yawn escaped her lips as she stretched silently. She was still very tired and exhausted. "We made it." stated Minho with happiness in his voice. A look of realization crossed Thea's face as she realised, we really made it. They made it.

Suddenly they heard the sound of thunder. It's sound echoed throughout the scorch. The group turned around quickly to a lightning bolt hit the ground near them. "Let's go. We gotta go. Come on." spoke Thomas as he started to turn around with his eyes still widened.

"I can only agree." spoke Thea as she too started to turn away from the lighting. They all picked their things up and started to run. More and more lightning bolts hit the ground behind them. To say Thea was terrified, wouldn't be a lie because she actually was utterly terrified. Out of some reason, she knew that there was a high chance that they would get hit.

The group would duck a fewer times after the thunder sound echoed. "Hurry!" hollored Thomas while Teresa shouted "Go!" both of them tried to speak over the thunder sound, which didn't work very well. "Run!" "Keep moving! Come on!" Teresa and Thomas tried to motivate the group while running, their advice wasn't the best, really.

"Let's go!" shouted Minho just as a lightning bolt hit the ground just behind them, his voice was drowned out by the sound of thunder. "Come on, Teresa!" yelled Thomas loudly. "Go, go, go!" "We're getting closer!" roared Minho towards the group. The voices of the others were inaudible for Thea.

It all happened too fast, a bright color appeared in front of Thea's eyes. Her eyes widened as a stinging pain made it's way through her body. She could hear screams around her but they were all blurred out. Her sight was also getting blurred, she only saw how her world began to crumble in front of her, how it slowly blurred away.

Thea's skin felt like it was burning away, it felt like somebody poured acid over her body. A painful scream left her lips as she was thrown back into the sand. The blond could hear her own screams which drowned out the sound of her thumping heart. The sounds she let out were horrifying. "Minho! Thea!" the shouts indicated that she wasn't the only one who had fallen.