four!

elise's pov

i quickly jogged to breakfast, my hair flying all over the place. i scanned for harper and rachel, found a seat, and zoomed into it. they were sitting with the boys.

"hey! sorry, i'm late. i overslept." i said in a breath as i smoothed out my hair.

"don't worry about it." harper said.

"no, but now i ruined our schedule for today." i whined.

today was a beach day, meaning we were at our first stop, jamaica.

"it's fine. we don't get off until 9 and it's only 8:30." tom reassured.

i was still catching my breath when wilbert came in with alison. he caught my eye and i quickly stood up to go get breakfast. i grabbed a plate and started filling it up. i walked back and started eating when the overhead speaker came on.

"goooood morning, fellow cruisers. today is our fun day! which means we're heading on down to jamaica. there you can-" the last part was faded out by incoming chatter.

"hm, we're heading down to the beach, right?" i asked once i swallowed down my water.

"yep. our time has finally come to search for cute guys." rachel smirked.

"rachel!" harper scoffed.

"is that all y'all think about?" tom asked.

"not all of us." i said, eyeing rachel who just smirked back.

"anyways, wanna join?" harper said to spencer.

"we'd love to!" he replied, a little too enthusiastically.

harper chuckled and went back to her breakfast.

breakfast passed by pretty quickly.

"i'll meet you guys here in about 15 minutes? that should give you enough time to get enough stuff, yeah?" i said to the group, who was currently on deck 10.

"yep. see ya!" harper raced away, leaving us all in confusion.

"okay, well, i guess that sums it up." i said, walking away.

everyone disappeared before tom caught my hand. we traded hey's and walked to my room.

"i heard about this restaurant down there and was wondering if you wanted to come check it out with me." he said hesitantly.

i stopped abruptly to look at him. he looked back and faced him.

"are you asking me out? on a date?" i scoffed sarcastically, but genuinely wanted to know.

"if you want to call it that, sure." he said, his cheeks turning a soft red.

we continued walking and stopped at my door.

"yeah, sure. it's a date." i added with a smile.

"great, i'll see you tonight." he said.

i could tell he was debating whether to leave or stay a few seconds. so, i quickly pecked his cheek, unlocked my door, and rushed inside. i laid my back on the door and sighed happily. i quickly stuffed a swimsuit, some spare clothes, and a towel. i also packed some sunscreen, a book, my camera, and some extra money. i places my backpack on, tied my hair in a quick pony, and was about to run out the door when it opened right in my face. luckily, it didn't hit me. wilbert walked in a few seconds after.

"hey, are you going to head down?" i asked.

"yeah, in a bit. i'm just waiting for ali." he replied.