Chapter 6: Architecting Lost Dreams

24th November, 2018

She melts into those details the world never even acknowledges them.

Exhausted, the remnants of her pain insisted on lasting long. She didn't care though, she decided to move on. From now on, she took an oath to expect everything and anything from anything and everything at all. No more surprise bombs, no more unexpected heartbreaks.

Guilt, something about it, something from it, churned and collided against her flesh and bones, warning her to come to terms with it. She felt guilty to go home to a husband she had lied to, the one she had betrayed.

She kept her calm while she drove, cringing that she had to drive Aunt Esta's Mercedes. The car was way too posh for her, way too spacious for her, way too not her type. When it came to cars, she was a classic one!

Stopping at the signal, she turned towards her right as her eyes caught the sight of labor men on the constructing building tower, high and tall enough to have reached higher than the clouds or more. Some working with the cranes, grinding cement or passing tools and loads. Some were elevating up to the peak, others were deciding the necessary decisions and plans while some only supervised.

It blew her mind that how a usual, small matter needed a tone load of work which would buzz with time and persistence. Step by step, decision by plan, summary by effort, time by period, vision by output! She was in awe.

But then her mind took an abrupt turn to the main core.

Dream Builders.

These labors, these men who performed the hardest most daring and the risky job are paid the lowest, are considered as labors where people perceive them as insignificant, unimportant and low. From now, Taraa decided to call them The Dream Builders.

They build the very dreams they can't live in, they build those dreams others live in, they build dreams for others which they never have the audacity to even imagine, think or let alone dream about them.

She knew it's the way it was but she felt that the world was unfair, selfish and complicated.

° ° °

She let out a sad sigh upon entering their apartment. Ameen would probably be asleep given to his nightshift so she decided to try cooking something eatable for them.

Her thoughts ran back to Ameen for some strange reason, as to why he didn't care of the things most men cared about especially when it came to her superficiality. Did she want him to in the first place? But she found that very, very odd.

After struggling with the cooking, burning the same thing a multiple times, she succeeded in bringing out a fine result. Spaghettis and soup! Smiling, she went to their bedroom for a shower. Being done with all that she needed to, she kind of felt satisfied as that ha cooked. She barely cooked for her husband, and he barely had time to bite a morsel of her cooking, not that both of them minded, it was all cool.

She was back to wearing long skirts and shirts, though she preferred cozy, comfy baggies and short t-shirt dresses. She came out to the room, standing in front of the full-length mirror she started blow drying her hair and had completely forgotten about Ameen in bed who was having the sleep of his life.

Her hair reached down till her waist, brushing away, she wondered how it'd look if she had chopped it off up till her neck. It's been a long time she had trimmed it nor had a haircut. Considering the facts, she grabbed the scissors and before she could have gone ahead with her hair, Ameen's deep throaty voice stopped her, she sighed in annoyance.