8

My limbs feel completely exhausted and simply hallow as my eyes search those of someone who used to be familiar to me. Tears sting my eyes causing rapid blinks to send them streaming down my cheeks.

"Leo?" I squeak, barely any sound coming out of my mouth.

He doesn't seem to draw any recognition while his over dilated eyes glaze over the room. A huge lumps remains perched at the middle of my throat, my hands shaking at my sides.

"Do you know this fella?" Peter looks at me with such curiosity it puts my stomach in knots.

I stare at him Leo for a moment longer, putting my gaze back on Peter. I'd rather not have any baggage that could possibly become a hinderance for me. Instead of answering him, I furrow my eyebrows as if to not understand.

"Do seriously none of you speak English?!" Peter shouts, clearly becoming annoyed.

When none of us make an effort to understand, he storms over to Leo, taking him by the back of the neck. He drags him to me, throwing him down in front of me.

"You! Do you know him?" He spits in my face.

Hesitantly, I take my eyes off the ground to look my brother in the eyes. They are incredibly dull, not one sign of life or hope traceable. He stares at me without being able to make eye contact.

He may be my brother, but he isn't at the same time. He's already gone and it's been that way for a long time now.

"Minseo," he whispers.

My eyes widen, my Korean name rolling off his tongue in the saddest way possible.

"I want to die," he cries out, his face twisting into chaos.

I hold back my own tears, not knowing at all what to say. Do I hug him? Console him? Ignore him? After all these years I want to hold him close and never let go.

But he doesn't look like anyone I know anymore.

"What did they do to you?" I ask, periodically eyeing Peter and his henchmen to make sure they aren't planning to pull any surprises.

"Very, very bad things," he sobs, stopping all at once. His head suddenly snaps up to look at mine, his eyes holding some sort of emotion for once.

"Why are you here?" He gasps, "WHY ARE YOU HERE?!"

He starts screaming at me, grabbing my shoulders and shaking me.

"IM LIKE THIS BECAUSE I PROTECTED YOU! WHY ARE YOU HERE?" His expression is so angry and desperate. I find myself becoming even more scared than before.

"I'm sorry," I breath out, trying to keep from crying.

"They are going to ruin you," He quiets down.

"Alright that's enough," Peter starts to pull Leo away.

Leo attempts to fight back but he's already so weak. He never used used to be this thin, in fact, he was the strongest boy I knew.

"Don't let them take you out of this room! Do whatever you can to escape! Just don't leave with any of them!" Leo screams before the door shuts.

I breath out, finally gasping for air after holding my breath for so long. My vision instantly becomes blurred with tears but I can't bring myself to sob.

"Who was that," Jimin puts his hand on my shoulder.

"My brother," I whisper, wiping my cheeks.

"How long has it been since you last saw him?" Jungkook asks.

"A few years," I answer, the realization that he's been tortured for all that time hitting me, "I should've looked harder for him!"

"It's not your fault," Jin chimes in.

"What have they done to him?" Yoongi's eyebrows raise nervously. For the first time I can see that he's worried.

"Drug him," Namjoon mumbles.

"For what reason?" Jungkook looks up to Namjoon.

"... who knows..." Namjoon trails off. I can tell that he most likely knows why, I'm sure we all do, but none of us want to bring ourselves to accept that it could soon be us.

"We need to escape," I sniffle, "no matter what,"

"He told us not to leave this room though," V says worriedly.

"With them. We need to leave by ourselves," Namjoon replies.

"Or just one of us..." Yoongi suggests, "that way they can get help,"

"We don't know where we are though," Jin sighs.

"So it has to be Lailah," Yoongi looks to me.

"Because she would most likely know the area over us," Namjoon nods.

I nod along with their idea, now noticing Hoseok pacing around the room. His left hand is in a complete fist to the point where his knuckles have turned white.

"Hoseok, What are you holding?" I ask.

He snaps around, looking at me wide eyed. He looks absolutely terrified.

Hesitantly, he holds up a key.

"It fell out of one of their pockets," he whispers, "but I can't give it to you,"

~~~~~

It's been over a year since I've updated this lol