Are You Listening? - Tasmin Riddle - Part One

This is a One Shot Harry Potter fan fiction for the new Gender Studies contest from the Fan Fic profile page here on Wattpad! I am excited for this and I hope you all enjoy this one shot, thank you for reading! =)

  _____________________________________________________________________

  "I was never one to believe that my life would become dull. Like others around me, I expected something to turn out from the life in which my muggle born Father and a Mother, who I later found to be a witch, had given me. Nor had I expected to become an orphan and live in an orphanage which held nothing but pure muggle borns. It was this time that I also attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy throughout the year of 1938 to 1945. I cannot say it was a miserable time for me, I learned many things from the place that allowed my kind and pure bloods alike to walk the same halls together, even as it welcomed pure muggles to join the folds. 

  I cannot say I was ignored, but I cannot say I was entirely listened to either. As a child, I found I could do interesting things without even needing to speak words. That at the age of eleven, I handed trust into a man by the name of Albus Dumbledore, I told him I could make such things move without them needing my physical touch. Animals would listen to me, they would follow my will, with no training involved. Bad things... I could make bad things happen to anyone I wished, I could make them hurt if I wanted to. I could... I can speak to snakes, as a child I could hear the whispers in which they sent to me. Of course, as a child I was unaware that my Mother was a witch, but that never stopped me from gaining a proper control on my abilities. I would punish the other children in the orphanage, it left me without friends but it was no true bother. And-... are you listening or have I lost you?"

  Tasmin Riddle turned around to the man currently bound to the large and dark throne type of chair made purely from wood. The man was shaking in fear, eyes red from tears that had fallen as he was placed into the chair by two, tall and strong Death Eaters. He had no idea why he was here, or why he was placed in front of the most dangerous dark witch. He was silenced with a wave of her wand, forced to stay in place and listen to the babbling of her life. As if she had no one to speak to, it confused and made him worried. What would she do to him once she was finished with her story?

  He shook at the thought. He hoped that she would simply let him go, but in his gut he knew better than to believe such false hopes. Yet, at the same time, he tried to ignore his gut feeling even though it never let him down before. He watched her closely, slowly nodding his head in a way of saying, 'Yes, I am still listening.' 

  Tasmin watched him closely, causing his throat to tighten in fear that she did not believe he was listening. He was warned before she even began to speak to do nothing but listen. If he gave an indication that he was not listening, there would be consequences.

  As automatic as the response was, he held his breath. Silence was heavy inside the cold, lightly lit room. So silent in fact, he could have sworn to hear his own heart beat echoing around him. Time slowly passed between them as she held his gaze. There was a look in her eyes that he could not quite explain. There was a lack of light in them, a deep and pure evil that made him feel deeply nauseous from the fear of it and from the seriousness in which it held. But something must have made her realize that he was being truthful and in fact listening, when she turned away from him and face the window once more.

  "Albus Dumbledore was the one to show me I was not alone in my gifts. But by then, it was too late. I knew how to control my abilities with preciseness. Throughout my years after, I found my Mother's birth line. How... it went back to Salazar Slytherin. I wanted to finish his work and when I.... found a way to split my soul, I was very eager. I had to kill, but it was not hard for me. I created a diary... it was my first of the seven Horcruxes. You cannot imagine how long I wondered who was the magical being in my family, out of my parents that is. I had hoped it was my Father only to realize it was truly my Mother. I changed my name to Voldemort to escape the muggle side to my life. Its a poison, don't you know? A muggle and a witch to mix. 

  But alas, it happened and here I am. I remember how Death Eaters would join me in the first wizarding war, how quickly we seemed to rise to power. Yet, how easy it has seemed for us to fall. I have been informed of a prophecy... a prophecy that I cannot ignore. The one to destroy me will be born when the seven month dies... and we have approached this time. Tonight I will go to Godric's Hollow, I will kill my enemy. For I cannot live while the one who threaten's me stays alive."

  Tasmin 'Tom' Riddle, as named after her Father, turned towards the man in the chair, staring at her with wide eyes. "You fear me... good. I am the most powerful witch, the one who will end muggle-borns who think they deserve to be my equal, they have no power, no purpose here. They have no purpose in my vision of this world." She spoke gently, although her words held nothing but a venom-like sound. With a few soft steps, she walked to the man as she slowly held up her want towards him. 

  "I will end this prophecy before it reaches its end, I will not be stopped by a simple child." The man held his breath, his eyes leaving hers to stare at the wand before him. "Hm... thank you, you have been a rather excellent listener." Tasmin casually tilted her head as a slow smile formed across her lips. "Avada.. Kedarva." The words left her lips in a soft, yet pleasurable whisper as a rushing sound enveloped the man in a bright green light that was blinding in his eyes.

  As the light faded, there was no more life left in the man before her. There was a deep breath that she took, savoring the feeling of another life she had taken in her quest. The large, stone door to her right slid open causing her to break the attention away from the now dead man before her and with her turning, she looked at the Death Eater who remained silent. They always waited for her to speak first, it always gave her the feeling of control that she knew no one who claimed themselves as her followers would challenge her to.

  Because they were not family, they would never be family nor friends. They were hers to use, to control, to kill, or to allow to live. Either in her presence or on their own. The decision never belonged to them, no matter how much they believed it did.

  "Clean this up. Its time to go."

______________________________________________________________

  Author's Note:

  On a side note, this will be a two part one chapter, the next part will be up shortly, thank you!