Prolouge

Hazel's POV

I hate my job. Being a waitress is such an unappreciated job. I get paid close to nothing, my costumers won't give me tips. Gives them the nerve. Why don't they try serving 5 tables at a time. I need a new job, unfortunately no ones hiring. So I'm stuck with this dead end job.

My boss stops me as I'm walking out. My shift has just ended.

"Hazel could I talk to you for a moment"

"Sure" I replied confused

I follow him into his office

"Hazel sadly we have to start letting people go" he says I know his sadness is not genuine he didn't like me much "your last shift will be in two weeks"

"Okay" I don't really know what to say. What do you say when you lose your job? Thank you? Please no? This was my first and only job. I'm not experienced in much really.

I walk out of the building. I see someone next to my car. As I get closer I see he's pretty tall. His hair is light brown and he has a tan which is likely to see since it is summer. His back is faced to me so I don't see any of his other features. He's wearing all black. Black jeans and a black tee which is odd it's like he's asking for the sun to burn him.

"What are you doing" my voice is louder than usual.

"What does it look like I'm doing" He sounds as if it was the most obvious thing in the world and then I notice something shining in his hand, a crowbar. He's trying to steal my car! Great just what I needed today. He goes back to what he was doing before.

"Yeah can you steal someone else's car."

"What?" He sounds confused

"Steal someone else's car dude I just lost my job and I don't want to lose my car too! I get it your broke or something. And why'd you pick my car to steal you could steal that red Nissan over there." I say pointing to the car diagonal from mine. I wasn't going to lose another thing today. I've saved up for my car (which is a piece of junk) since I was 14. I didn't need some... some...AH I don't even know. My mind isn't working today.

"Um okay..." He start to turn around

"Bye"

"Bye"

That wouldn't be the last time I saw him

__________•••••__________