Fanfiction Genderstudy- Harry Potter Oneshot

This is a one-shot written as an entry to the account 'Fanfic' for a competition focusing on the characters turmoils as the face a day as the opposite gender.

I have chosen to write about the Harry Potter Fandom.

Enjoy!

~~~

"Okay, add precisely two teaspoons of powdered wormwood, a horned slug, and three porcupine quills." Ron said in a clear, cool voice, mocking Hermione.

"Two teaspoons of powdered wormwood..." Harry muttered, adding the substance and watching it emit a puff of purple smoke.

"A horned slug." Ron picked one up and wiggled it in front of Harry's face, making him nearly knock over his cauldron.

"Ron! Add it in you bloody git..." Harry said, jokingly hitting Ron's shoulder as he dropped the creature in. The potion went from its purpley hue to a sludgy brown colour.

"Wonderful, we have to drink this!" Ron exclaimed.

"Shut up!" Hermione said. "Add in the porcupine quills, Harry."

"I'm not going anywhere near that stuff, even if it does some loopy spell to make you super-smart."

"Well this was entirely your idea, Ronald! You trusted Fred and George, and..."

The two continued to argue as Harry rolled his eyes and tried to remember how many quills he was supposed to add. Was it... 2? No, it was more like 5. 7? 4? Yeah, 4 sounded about right!

Harry carefully picked up four porcupine quills and dropped them into the cauldron. It made a high pitched whistling noise and smelled a lot like the pig pen outside Mrs. Weasley's front garden.

Delightful.

"You two, I've done it!" Harry said, turning around to see they were still arguing.

"It didn't sound like a hoax! They even gave me the name of the book they got it from, look!"

Ron shuffled through his pocket, pulling out several half eaten liquorice wands, a packet of puking pastilles, and found a small piece of parchment at the bottom of his robe.

"We'll, I'm gonna go ahead and try it seeing as nobody else wants to." Harry said, Ron and Hermione still bickering.

Harry picked up a tin cup that they had borrowed from the dormitory and dipped it into the cauldron. The potion was sludgy and felt warm. Harry wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't the bodily excrement of Hermione's pet cat.

He took a deep breath and tried to drink the potion as quickly as he could, recoiling at the revolting taste. Once the cup was drained, he pulled a face of disgust and wiped his upper lip.

"Oh my god, Ron! This isn't a super-smart-ace-your-O.W.L's potion! This is a hoax for homocontra!" Hermione cried, instantly recognising the ingredients from the hours each weekend she spent with her nose buried in several ancient books.

"Well how the bloody hell was I supposed to know?!" Ron yelled. "And what in Merlin's name is homa centura or whatever it's called?"

"Homocontra! It's an elixir used to change one's gender. When you drink it you essentially alter your biological organs and body shape to the age-equivalent, in your case, girl."

"... I should've know, Fred and George, the flaming little-"

"Harry? Harry! Did you just drink that?!" Hermione asked, panicked.

"Erm... Well, I kind o-"

Harry was cut short by a sudden burning sensation in his lower abdomen. He crippled forward in pain as his crotch area was overcome with a dull, aching pain. It felt like somebody was swishing their hand around his stomach. Straining against the fabric of his shirt, Harry felt his chest begin to grow. His cheeks tightened and his lips felt puffy.