Hajime\Izuru x Sister!Reader - Envy And Insecurity

((Me: I need to focus on Toying With My Sanity's final chapter and then the prequel\sequel. Also me: I must write down this random idea I had. Also, this is super long and kind of sad so yeah. Video down below is what you're playing at the beginning.))

The music was all you could hear as the instrument in your small hands almost felt like part of your body. When the song came to an end, you were snapped back to reality. You opened your eyes to see the little blonde girl at the piano giving a large toothless grin to the crowd before you, to which you did the same.

Your eyes landed on your parents and brother, and your smile slowly faded. While your parents clapped, clearly proud of you, your brother crossed his arms and looked away. You never understood why he always appeared bitter whenever your parents or any other adults gushed over how much of a "prodigy" you were when it came to the flute. You never understood the envious glares that would be shot your way every now and then. You never understood why, for as long as you could rememberer, he never once looked you in the eye.

Eventually, you came to the only logical conclusion a child your age could reach. He hated you. You didn't know what you did to make him hate you, but he did. You wished you could fix things, but you had no idea what to fix in the first place.

Just what had you done to make Hajime hate you?

~*~*~

You had mixed feelings about going to Hope's Peak Academy as the Ultimate Flutist. On one hand, you hated how being so good at the flute lead to some not so subtle favoritism from your parents for being the "talented child", which is what lead you believed put a huge strain on your relationship with your older brother. On the other hand, though, the flute was still your passion and your new classmates seemed like great people. Plus, you knew your brother was in the Reserve Course, so you could figure out just what the hell happened to him.

He just seemed to disappear off the face of the Earth one day, without even a phone call in regards to where he was or what he was doing. You asked your parents if they knew anything about whether or not Hajime was okay, but they simply hand waved it, though you still got the feeling they knew more than they were telling you. It had become more and more clear as you grew up that they didn't really care for him much.

As you were about to enter the Reserve Course building so you could try and find him, you came to a sudden realization. What if he just didn't want to see you? Neglectful parents and a younger sister who he constantly lived in the shadow of. Who wouldn't want to avoid contacting such a family? With a sigh, you turned and walked away.

~*~*~

He knew the moment he saw you. He had no memory of you, but it didn't take rocket science for even a normal person to figure out the two of you were related. Of course, this means she also quickly figured it out as well.

"OMG, OMG, OMG! Can you believe it, sis!? Who would've thought one of our classmates would be the little sister of Izuru Motherfucking Kamukura of all people!" Junko squealed in a fangirlish manner, while her twin just shyly nodded in agreement. Izuru was silent as he just observed the two. He didn't find it appropriate to call you his sister. Yes, the two of you shared the same blood, but it was Hajime Hinata that you recognized as your brother, while you didn't even know Izuru Kamukura exists.

"Hmmmmm? What's on your mind? Could I have finally cracked the code on how to get you hooked on despair?" Junko asked as she tried to get a reaction out of Izuru only to fail miserably. With a huff of disappointment, Junko quickly shifted her attention to the sight of you on your way back to your dorm.

"How about we put that to the test?" Junko then suddenly pulled an axe seemingly out of nowhere and with lightning speed cut down a nearby tree.

You would've been crushed to death right then and there if you weren't suddenly pulled out of the way. As you looked at the male before you, your eyes widened upon recognizing his face. It felt impossible but at the same time it was impossible for you not to recognize him.

"Hajime? Is that really you?" You asked. Izuru looked at you for a few seconds before he simply turned and walked away.

"Hey! You can't just leave!" You yelled. However, he was gone in the blink of an eye. You sighed. Was that really him? If it was then... what happened to him?

There were several more instances where Junko would try and kill you, only for Izuru to suddenly swoop in and save your life before disappearing faster than you could snap your fingers. He told her it was because he found her attempts to make him fall into despair were annoying, pointless, and boring rather than any lingering sentimentality he might've held for you. And yet, he still put up with them until he had to leave Junko after she successfully drove the rest of the world to despair.

"Oh, and by the way, I'll take good care of your baby sister for you! We are going to be spending allot of time together, after all!" Junko said as she watched Izuru leave. This made him stop for a few seconds, during which she could feel her smirking at him. He didn't give her a verbal response though, and just continued to go on his way. He felt an extremely small part of him in the very back of his mind nag him for just leaving you in a situation where Junko had direct access to you and he couldn't just pull you out of the way. Probably the same part of him that allowed him to cry over the Ultimate Gamer. But, this time, he ignored it.

He had other things to focus on, after all.

~*~*~

You ran to an empty hallway, and let out a large exhale of relief. Finally, you were alone. You weren't ready to die just yet. Not now. You had made it through one killing game, so no way were you going to die in another. There were so many things you would end up leaving behind if you did.

You slid against the wall until you were sitting on the floor and hugged your knees to your chest. Why? Why did it seem like no matter where you went, you were always going to be at risk of being murdered or dying in some other kind of freak accident? Why you? It... it just wasn't fair.

You wiped your tears away as you refused to give into despair. You had made it this far, and you'd make it to the end! No way were you going to let some teddy bear, crazy guy with a katana, or any other obstacle get in your way!

"I can make it... I'll be okay..." You reassured yourself before your bracelet let out the little ring to signal that you were going to be forced into sleep. With that, you collapsed.

You woke up to the words "Monokuma's Gloomy Sunday" on the monitor in front of you.

~*~*~

The last time Hajime saw you was when he left for school. You had said goodbye in a manner that almost made it seem like you were nervous. In response, he gave you a simple wave without even facing you. If he had known that years later, that you'd be covered in your own blood with a knife plunged into your chest when he saw you again, he would have put more effort into how he said goodbye to you that day.

"(Name)... I'm so sorry..." Hajime muttered. Despite growing up envying you for having a talent, you were still his sister. It had only recently fully sunken in how stupid he had been for all those years. He would never even get to truly say sorry or tell you that he never hated you like you apparently thought.

However, there was one thing he could say.

"It's alright, (Name). I'll make sure that you didn't die for nothing." With that, he closed your eyes before wiping the tears from his own and continuing on his way to confront Ryota.

((So, as an apology for the downer ending I'm just gonna say that at some point while writing this, I had the imagery of reader getting a boyfriend at some point but Izuru is like "no boyfriend til you marry" and then throws the poor dude into the sun or something, okay peace out.))