chapter 1

Xavier's POV :

I am currently waiting for my luggage at the airport impatiently. I have reached my home town, where my parents and grandparent lives. I am here on vacation to attend homecoming lunch . last time I missed it, and mum was very upset about it. It's going to be surprise for them. I moved to another state because of my studies.

Finally, my luggage arrived. I left the airport and rush to catch the train. Because my hometown is not near the airport. I plugged the headphone and sat on a train near the window seat. I always enjoyed nice music. I play guitar too, but it's only for me to listen. Seriously I don't remember when was the last time I relaxed this much. Things these days are quietly messed up with Katherine, my girlfriend. She, too, wanted to tag along with me, thank god, her best friend's birthday came up, and she is not with me. Our relationship is on the edge of the hill, can fall anytime soon, and that is because of me, according to her . unfortunately it's true, I don't know why I am like this. Katherine is up till now, my most extended date. Its been six months now. Usually, before her, my girlfriends were off only for a week or two. I don't know why its just girls are too demanding, clingy, and bold these days.

My mum likes Katherine too and I afraid that my mum would be sad after hearing about my relationship. I was busy in my train of thought when accidentally I saw a phone near my foot in the corner of the seat next to me. I picked it up and turn to my back to saw if the owner of the phone is still there. I unlocked it, and luckily the phone doesn't have any password . from the wallpaper of the home screen, I got the idea that's it's of some girl. The wallpaper was of the cupcake, and that too pink. I called on the last dial number, which was of some Dhanak. Seriously girls and their nicknames are both stupid. No one receives the call. Most of the dialed and received numbers were of that Dhanak. I was wondering if he is her boyfriend. I tried again, but signals were out of reach.

Should I open up her massages ?? umm no, this would be wrong, so I keep aside the phone. a minute pass of tapping foot and biting nails ... ah, I cant ... I picked the phone again and saw her massages and as I expected the first one was Dhanak ... but wait what the display icon is of some girl wrapped in hijab. I open up the chat and msgs all by Dhanak. She is cursing. I laughed at the curses. Those were not even curse

My station arrived. I slid the phone in my hoodie and came down from the train before the last checking if anyone looking for the phone. I sat in the cab and arrived at my house . just from the doorstep, I could smell the delicious aroma of butter chicken. Damn! how much I missed this all ... this is going to be a very enjoyable holiday.

The gate open and my grandma came in view ." Oh my God, Xavier !". my grandma squealed like a teenage girl. Seth, jane look who is here. I entered the house and saw mum coming towards me with a tear of joy in her eyes and grandpa with spawn and gardening tools in his hand. I hugged my grandpa and lifted her lightly ." Easy, easy boy, that's my girl you are touching "tch tch jealous much Gramps, "I said with a mischievous tone. I hugged my grandpa too.

"ouch, "I whimper when mum hit me lightly with a wooden spoon ." where were you? Why didn't you told us about coming ? your grandpa and grandma was upset from last one week "mum complain . "jane dear don't hurt him he is hear now "my grandma took my side . "yeah mom chill its called a surprise or else how would I see this reaction and grandma would have tired her up by preparing for things ." I said by squeezing my grandma in a light hug. "Gramps look, this is my girl now only I am going to enjoy her love from now owns! "I said and winked at grandpa . "sure, sure till then, I will enjoy desserts without hiding. He replied while looking adorably like a kid at grandpa. I hugged my mum, and we chat for a while and had lunch together

After that, I went to my room upstairs and was amazed to see that nothing changed even my toys trunk from my childhood was still in the corner of the room, and my high school books were arranged on the shelf. I laid down closed my eyes as I was tired like hell. Suddenly I heard a ringtone which was unfamiliar coming from my jacket. Oh, shoot! Yeah, that unknown phone. I took the phone out of the jacket, and some Dhanak was calling. I received it, and just when I put it on my ear, I heard a mad woman screaming, "where the hell is you, Sarah," you were supposed to be here till morning! Emaan is angry too. You already missed her nikkah ceremony "the madwoman didn't give me a chance to talk and still screaming on the phone. "Sarah being quiet will only make me angrier, answer ! "she said. "Ummm, hello," I said hesitatingly . "who is this ?" she asked, confused. I am Xavier I found this phone on train while going to my home town, and I called the last dialed number which was I guess yours, but you didn't receive and when I tried someone else signals were out of reach ." "after stepping out of train I searched for platform warden, but there was no one in view, so I thought I'd just submit it on police station ." I explained hurriedly. "ah okay there is no need to do that just TCS the phone I'll pay for it "she offered ." ah okay," I said . after that there was an awkward pause, and finally I said "Ummm okay then ?" she thanked me and hung up the phone. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I want to hear her voice more ... I must be crazy ... definitely!

The day went quite well. I had my favorite dishes cooked by my favorite cook (grandma). I played chest with Gramps and told him about Katherine. Family sure is a blessing. Since I am the only child, I got pampered a lot, especially by my grandparents . all my other friends are amazed and somewhat surprising to see our family love because their parents are mostly divorced or single parents. They always have some problems with their parents. I was lying and was deep in thoughts when suddenly my phone rings, it was Kath. I pickup "hey, "I said "hey baby, I missed you so much already "she replied on which I rolled my eyes and said "wow that's great it's not even 24 hours yet "yeah I know I miss you . "so how are you, Kath? "I am beautiful baby "did you miss me, "she asked, "you did not say I miss you too; that's just plain rude, "she complained annoyingly with a squeaky voice. "I miss you too," it's just I never got time alone "sounds like you are enjoying," she asked . "ehh yeah," I replied. We talk for a bit then I got to my bed.